Cheddar Cheese Cauliflower Bake is a flavorful side dish for those who love cauliflower. Baked cauliflower is a side dish you can put together and bake when you are ready to serve.
I don’t know what is it about cauliflower. Even if you live with a household of people that are not in love with vegetables this one that can turn those who don’t love vegetables into people who are asking for seconds. You can buy cauliflower whole from the grocery store, or you can purchase bags of cauliflower that has already been cut up, you choose.
Cheedar cheese cauliflower bake is a great side dish to make anytime. You can make this side dish ahead of time, and serve it whenever you like. Not all side dishes reheat as well as this one does. To make this dish, you are going to cook the cauliflower in boiling salted water, then pour a cheese sauce over the top. What makes this dish special?
A touch of dry mustard powder adds just the right amount of zip and zing to this classic side dish. Cheddar cheese sauce needs a touch of heat to make the sauce just right. I know you are going to love this way to prepare cauliflower.
Here are a few other great ways to prepare cauliflower.
Baked Cauliflower Gratin with Monterey Jack Cheese
Roasted Cauliflower with coconut oil
Cheddar Cheese Cauliflower Bake
- 3 pounds cauliflower
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry yellow mustard
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese divided use
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook cauliflower in a large pot of salted water. The cauliflower should be tender, but firm. The cooking time should be 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, start the cheese sauce. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan. When the butter has melted completely add the flour. Cook flour for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly begin to add milk, which each addition of milk the sauce should thicken. Add in the dry yellow mustard and stir in to combine. When all of the milk is added add 4 ounces of cheese. Stir in the cheese until it melts completely.
- Place cooked cauliflower into a large casserole dish. Pour cheese sauce over the cauliflower. Sprinkle remaining 4 ounces of cheese over the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes. When the cheese should begin to brown slightly the gratin is done.