My Instant Pot is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. It makes amazing risotto. It makes effortless risotto. You can make this creamy Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto in classic rice dish quickly.
So first off let me say this isn’t a sponsored post, it is my love of this cooking appliance. I have had an Instant Pot for about 5 years now. I love this. I use mine weekly. The last thing I made in mine was yogurt. I will write that recipe up later, but right now, let’s talk about amazing risotto.
This risotto recipe is very easy to make. Traditional risotto is time-consuming. You have to stand over the pot and stir continually. This recipe, you will prep your ingredients, actively stir everything together for a couple of minutes, then put the lid on, and in about 15 minutes you will have risotto.
This recipe has 1 semi-unique ingredient. You can use arborio rice, or you can use medium grain rice. Medium grain isn’t the most common rice sold at your average grocery store, but it is sold there, read the label. You will need either arborio or medium grain. I have not made this recipe for a long grain rice. Have long grain rice? (Try my rice pilaf.) Please do not use long grain rice. Either arborio or medium grain rice prepares rice with a lot of starch which makes the dish creamy.
For this recipe, I use vermouth in the recipe. You can use white wine (I would use something dry, not sweet, like a chardonnay). Julia child often substituted Vermouth for white wine. Vermouth is dry, and since it is fortified it won’t oxidize like white wine. I always keep a bottle on hand for cooking. You can find it where wine is sold. It will be near other fortified wines, so look where the sherry or marsala wine is sold.
I also use shallots in this recipe, you can use chopped white onion of you can’t find shallots. It’s up to you.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and be sure to check out my other great Instant Pot recipes.
Instant Pot Irish Stew
Instant Pot Pulled Chicken
Instant Pot Stick of Butter Rice
Instant Pot Beef Stew
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Are you interested in the Instant Pot? You can check out the Latest Model Instant Pot Ip-lux60-enw Stainless Steel 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker with Mini Mitts on Amazon.com.
This post contains an affiliate link
Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots, it is ok to use white onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cups medium-grain rice or arborio rice
- 1 cup vermouth or other dry white wine, divided use
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the Instant Pot on saute, add butter, when the butter has melted add shallots. Saute the shallots until they have become translucent. Add garlic and saute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add rice, stir until the rice is coated with the melted butter. Cook rice for about 1 minute. Add half of the vermouth. Stir the vermouth in, it will be absorbed into the rice. When the vermouth has been absorbed add the remaining Vermouth and chicken broth. Add 1 ounce of Parmesan cheese and salt, stir in the cheese and salt into the liquid. Place the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 8 minutes on high, you can set this manually. After the rice has finished cooking you can either allow it to release naturally, or you can manually release the pressure. Before serving add the remaining cheese.