Relish the mouth-watering flavors of Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip anytime you want with this copycat recipe. This dip is loaded with savory, cheesy goodness and a creamy texture that will leave you wanting more.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love going to the Olive Garden? My local Olive Garden is simply packed all of the time on the weekend. You better get there early when you go. Sometimes I have been known to enjoy a drink and an appetizer in the bar while my table gets ready.
Table of Contents
What makes Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip so special?
It is the five different types of cheese that are used in the sauce. Parmesan, Mozzarella, Romano, Asiago, and Cream Cheese combine together to make a flavorful, cheesy dip that you are going to love.
Why you’ll love this recipe
You won’t believe how similar this recipe tastes to the iconic Olive Garden appetizer! This recipe has a simple preparation and is convenient to make and serve.
You can serve it straight from the dish you broil it in or transfer it to another dish. Bring it to a gathering, and it will surely steal the show. It might even outshine the main course!
Due to the variety of cheeses, it has an incredibly savory flavor. Some of the cheeses are creamy, some are nutty, and some are slightly sharp. With the natural flavors of the earthy artichokes and spinach, you don’t need much seasonings at all, just some simple salt and pepper.
The best part of this dip is how versatile it is. You can serve it with so many different foods for dipping and even spread it on sandwiches, use it as a baked potato topping, or stuff it in mushrooms if you have extra.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- All-purpose flour
- Black pepper
- Frozen chopped spinach
- Chopped artichokes
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Asiago cheese
- Shredded Romano cheese
- Cream cheese
I use frozen spinach that is already chopped. Be sure to squeeze out the liquid after it is thawed. You do not want a watery dip.
For the artichokes, I like to use the marinated artichoke hearts. I believe the Olive Garden uses plain ones. I intentionally deviate because I think the marinated artichokes offer a little more flavor.
How to Make Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip
Here are the simple steps for this spinach artichoke dip recipe:
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess liquid. Finely chop 1 clove garlic or enough for ½ teaspoon.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach, artichokes, garlic, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Asiago, Romano, and cream cheese to the pan.
- Stir until the mixture is warmed through. It does not have to be bubbling.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-proof baking dish. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Broil until the top begins to brown.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip
Serve Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip with fresh baguettes that have been sliced thin, buttered, and toasted in the oven. You won’t want to miss out on delicious crostini!
I know you could enjoy this dip with breadsticks or crusty Italian bread, but I promise the way you should enjoy it is with crispy, butter toast.
You can also serve it with tortilla chips, crackers, or pita chips.
If you want to garnish the dip, sprinkle top with chopped fresh parsley, basil, or green onions.
How to store the leftover dip
Before placing it in the refrigerator, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container with a fitted lid to keep it as fresh as possible. This dip will last 3-5 days.
What is the best way to reheat it?
The oven is definitely the best way to reheat it since it retains its flavor and texture the best! Use a moderate oven temperature, such as 350 degrees F, and heat it for about 20 minutes. Make sure to cover it with foil first to prevent the top from burning.
If you only have a small amount to reheat, the next best option would be to microwave it in a microwave-safe bowl or dish in 30-second increments until it is thoroughly heated.
More Olive Garden Appetizer Recipes
- Angry Alfredo with Chicken
- Fried Mozzarella
- Grilled Chicken Flatbread
- Shrimp Scampi Fritta
- Tortellini al Forno
Favorite Appetizer Recipes
- Blooming Onion
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Chicken Wings
- Homemade Jalapeno Poppers
- Homemade Wontons
- Mexican Restaurant Cheese Dip
- Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls
Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- ¼ cup artichokes diced artichokes (I personally like to use marinated)
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Asiago cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Romano cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese for the top
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat melt.
- Add flour to melted butter. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce becomes fragrant.
- Add the cold milk and stir until the sauce becomes thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach, artichokes, garlic, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Asiago cheese, Romano cheese, and cream cheese to the saucepan. Stir until the dip becomes warmed through.
- Pour dip into an oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place the dip into an oven under the broiler. Broil until the top of the dip begins to brown.