Roasted Potatoes and Leeks is a wonderful easy side dish to make. You can make these easily with very little preparation.
This simple side dish is the perfect accomplinament to a steak or even grilled chicken.
These roasted potatoes are made with Tasteful Selections Potatoes. Really like these potatoes they come in a size that you can quickly use. Best of all all of these potatoes are small and uniform in size. This helps because the potatoes will cook evenly. Did I mention these potatoes come pre-washed so all you need to do is use them straight out of the bag. You can find these potatoes at many stores, they are sold in the produce section.
For this recipe I simply quarter the potatoes, and I slice up some leeks and roast these with olive oil and butter. About half way through the cooking I add some mushrooms and garlic. This gives these potatoes a nice amount of flavor. Since roasted potatoes and leeks cook in the oven you are free to finish the rest of your dinner while these cook.
I like to add mushrooms to this recipe, I know not everyone favors mushrooms, so if you do not desire these, leave them out. I like to use the baby portobello mushrooms for these. I think they have a good amount of flavor. You can use white button mushrooms as well, both will work nicely.
About Tasteful Selections Potatoes
These potatoes are grown by family farmers who grow potatoes for today’s busy lifestyle. With small sizes and special flavors, each variety has been tested to assure that it meets the highest standards for quality, taste, and texture. I find that all of the potatoes are very good, and I enjoy the different types in different recipes.
These potatoes are pre-washed and require no peeling and little prep work. Since they are of even size they cook evenly.
Tasteful Selections are sold nationwide and can be found at Food Lion, Walmart, Whole Foods, and Kroger.
This is a sponsored post, all opinion are my own.
Roasted Potatoes and Leeks
- 28 ounces small potatoes Tasteful Selections Gold Potatoes
- 1 cup leeks chopped into large slices (white part only)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Half and quarter potatoes. Place potatoes into a large bowl. Wash leeks, and chop into 3/8 inch slices. Add leeks to bowl. Mix together melted butter and oil. Drizzle most of the oil into the potatoes and leeks. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture. Place coated leeks and potatoes onto a baking sheet. Spread potatoes and leeks out evenly. Sprinkle salt over the potatoes. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. While potatoes are baking clean and quarter mushrooms. Place mushrooms into empty bowl where the potatoes and leeks were in. Add chopped garlic to the mushrooms and drizzle with melted oil and butter. Add mushrooms and garlic to the potatoes and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown.