Roasted beets with sour cream is a delightful creamy cold polish beet salad that tastes amazing. Known as Polish Buraczki ze Smietana, these are perfect to add to your table for a special holiday or any other festive meal.
These are an amazing magenta color. Best of all, these beets stay fresh so you can make this a day or two ahead of when you need to serve up this special dish.
Beets are so easy to roast, so I love to use fresh beets when making this dish. Beets are often in season, so you are always bound to find some fresh beets that are available.
How to cook roasted beets
It is very easy to roast beets. After trying this just once you will always roast beets this way.
I bake my beets in the oven by wrapping them in foil and then baking them until they are soft. When the beets have cooled simply push off the peels and they slide off the beets.
Watch to video to see how easy it is to make this delicious side dish.
How to make creamed beets
It is very easy to make this Polish beet salad. First, you will need to cook the beats, then you will peel them. After they cool completely you can slice the beets into slices or bite-sized pieces. Then you will toss them with sour cream, seasonings, and fresh dill.
How long will roasted beets with sour cream last?
This lasts in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. So it is the perfect side dish to make ahead of time. Chances are this dish won’t last in your refrigerator for that long!
I know your family is going to love these roasted beets with sour cream! They are perfect for Easter and it makes a delightful roasted beet salad that is perfect for your next meal.
Love beets? Try these recipes
More Spring Recipes
- How to Cook Peas and Carrots
- How Long to Boil Carrots
- Asparagus Casserole with Fresh Asparagus
- Copper Pennies Carrots
- Green Onion Dressing
- Strawberries Romanoff Cream
- Strawberry Basil Infused Water
- Strawberry Sprite Drink
- Strawberry Pie ii
- Strawberry Frappe
- Rhubarb Bread
Roasted Beets with Sour Cream
- 2 pounds fresh beets
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dill
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap beat in foil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake the beets for 35-45 minutes or until fork tender. If your beets are on the larger side they may take longer to bake.
- When beets have cooled enough to handle unwrap from foil packets and gently push off the skin of the beet. Slide beets into 1/4 inch slices. Prepare sour cream sauce by combining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 cup of sour cream together in a bowl, mix well. Add in beets and fold into the sour cream sauce. Season with black pepper, salt, and dill. You may want to garnish with dill before serving.