Applebee’s Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Wings are incredibly tasty and great for an appetizer or dinner. Chicken wings are breaded with crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and baked until crispy. Serve them with celery sticks and ranch or blue cheese dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Applebee’s Hot Cheetos Chicken Wings So Good?
Some people like it hot, and if you’re a member of the seared taste bud club, you are going to love these Hot Cheetos chicken wings. These wings are spicy with a splash of hot sauce and have a crunchy exterior of the most addictive snack ever: Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
Just be careful. Flamin’ Hot Cheetos wings are so tasty that you may eat the entire batch without realizing it!
Why You Should Try Applebees Cheetos Wings
Expand your wing recipe repertoire with this tasty recipe. Not only are these wings bursting with intense flavor, but you also make them in the oven and not the fryer!
That means they are easier to cook and much better for your health without sacrificing any of the taste you love.
Cheetos Wings Ingredients
For Applebee’s Hot Cheetos Wings, you’ll need:
- Raw chicken wings
- All-purpose flour
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Whole milk
- Hot sauce
- Crunchy Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
Any brand of hot sauce will work in this recipe, but Franks RedHot or Crystal’s Lousiana are both excellent choices.
How to Make Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Wings
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Crush the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos into crumbs. You can place them into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin, or better yet, use a food processor or a blender.
- Cut the wings into drumettes, flats, and tips if they are not already cut. Store and save the tips for making chicken broth. Watch this video on how to cut chicken wings.
- To set up the breading station, place three wide, shallow bowls on your work surface and grease a baking tray.
- Use a fork to stir together the flour, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in the first bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, whole milk, and hot sauce in the second bowl.
- Pour the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos crumbs into the third bowl.
- Coat a wing in the dry flour mixture. Shake off the excess and transfer it to the wet egg hot sauce mixture. Finish by rolling it in the Cheetos crumbs. Place the coated chicken onto the greased baking tray in a single layer.
- Repeat with the remaining wings.
- Place the tray with the breaded chicken wings into the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Flip the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
- Cool the baked chicken wings on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving them in a basket or on a platter.
Choose the level of heat you prefer. Swap the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos for regular ones if you are not looking for something too spicy. Or show no regard for your tongue and choose Xxtra Flamin’ Hot Cheetos instead!
What to Serve With Cheetos Wings
Don’t forget to make one or more dips or dipping sauces. Ranch dressing, Sriracha-Mayo, and Spicy Queso Cheese are all great options for dipping. Add carrot and celery sticks to complete the meal.
How to Store the Leftovers
Let the baked wings cool to room temperature and put them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. For storing them longer than that, try freezing them. They should stay fresh for up to two months.
What’s the Best Way to Reheat Applebees Cheetos Wings?
Thaw frozen Applebee’s Hot Cheetos Wings in the fridge overnight before reheating:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the Cheetos wings on a greased baking tray and cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Bake the wings covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and flip over the chicken pieces. Spray the chicken with cooking oil if you want them to be extra crunchy.
- Cook the wings uncovered until they are crispy, about five minutes.
More Applebee’s Copycat Recipes
- Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp
- Cheeseburger Quesadilla
- Chicken Wonton Tacos
- Grilled Oriental Chicken Salad
- Queso Blanco
Favorite Appetizer Recipes
- Asian Chicken Wings
- Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Cajun Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Grilled Buffalo Wings
- Hooter’s Wings
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Pluckers Wings
Check out more of my easy appetizer recipes and the best copycat restaurant recipes on CopyKat!
Applebee’s Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Wings
- 2 pounds raw chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 8.5 ounces Flamin’ Hot Cheetos finely crushed
- ranch dressing for dipping optional
- hot sauce for dipping optional
- celery sticks for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and prepare a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well using a fork.
- In a separate small bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and hot sauce. Beat until fully blended.
- Add Flamin’ Hot Cheetos crumbs to a third shallow bowl or plate.
- Work each chicken wing through your dipping stations one at a time, starting with the flour station. Toss the wing well in the flour, coating evenly and fully.
- Next, move the wing to the egg station, submerging it completely inside the egg mixture.
- Lastly, roll the wing through the bed of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos wings, coating it completely. Repeat this process for all wings, working each wing at a time before placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake wings for 18 to 20 minutes. When done, allow the wings to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional hot sauce for coating or dipping, ranch dressing, and/or celery sticks.
Leave a Reply