Coleslaw is the perfect side dish for barbecues, picnics, and the summer. Enjoy these easy to make coleslaw recipes. You don’t need to rush out and purchase a salad that doesn’t taste as good as an old-fashioned cabbage slaw recipe.
Did you know that these salads can be put together in no time at all? It is easy to prepare coleslaw recipes at home. Homemade salads can be made ahead of time and allowed to rest in the refrigerator while you go out to grill and barbecue. You can even save time by purchasing a bag of pre-shredded cabbage.
Five Tips for your Best Coleslaw ever!
- Salt the cabbage – by salting the cabbage during preparation you can add flavor, and help extract some of the water out of the cabbage.
- Use purple cabbage sparingly – purple cabbage can bleed, and discolor your coleslaw.
- Make ahead of time – Be sure to make ahead of time so the flavors mingle before serving.
- Season twice – as the flavors marry be sure to check the seasoning and adjust for serving.
- Be creative – you can add carrots, onions, bell peppers, hot peppers, experiment with the mixins!