This is an old Ukrainian recipe. It goes excellent with any meal. It can be frozen up to 3 months…or stays good in the fridge for a week.
Coleslaw is a wonderful side dish for the summer months. This one is simple to make, but it has a lot of wonderful flavors going on so it isn’t your every day cole slaw. Green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, garlic, and celery make this coleslaw taste delicious. It has a crisp and crunchy texture with the celery. The dressing is smooth and creamy. Sweet and sour flavors mingle together to make this coleslaw unique.
Sweet and Sour Cole Slaw
Love Coleslaw? Check out these other coleslaw recipes
Sweet and Sour Cole Slaw – looking for a different type of cole slaw? Look no further.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Do not substitute
- 5 ounces sour cream
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 head cabbage
- 1-2 leaves red cabbage
- 3 large carrots
- 3-4 green onions
- 3-4 celery stalks
- Rub salad bowl and the inside of the lid with all of the garlic cloves(save garlic). Cover bowl and let stand in the refrigerator as long as possible, overnight is best. Shred all of the vegetables as small as possible and chop up left over garlic.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together and stir until the vegetables are creamy with the sauce. Place vegetables in the garlic marinated bowl and stir well. Cover and let stand in the refrigerator until cool. This gets better as the salad marinates together. This salad will keep good in the fridge for 5 - 6 days and can be frozen for later use.