Who doesn’t love a good hot wing? I love hot wings, the tangy hot sauce that is drenching a chicken wing is so hard to beat. The only annoyance is the bone that you have to deal with. These boneless buffalo chicken bites or wings means don’t have those bones to slow you down. Enjoy all of the goodness of a wing without the bones.
These boneless buffalo chicken bites have a crispy full flavor batter. They are battered carefully and then deep-fried in canola or another type of vegetable oil for some very tasty boneless wings.
The sauce is made simply with butter and hot sauce. Personally, I love Frank’s Red Hot Sauce the best. It is spicy and full of flavor.
I simply cut up a couple of chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces for this boneless buffalo chicken bites recipe. You don’t need to go out and buy expensive already cut up chicken.
I bet this would also be tasty with boneless thigh meat as well to help save a few extra dollars. Be sure to serve this up with plenty of blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing to take away the heat.
Watch the Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe Video:
Need more ideas for the big game? Try these.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- canola oil for frying
Buffalo Sauce ingredients
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt, cumin, cornstarch, pepper, paprika, chili powder, and salt. In another bowl combine milk, water, and 1 egg, whisk together.
- Cut chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare hot sauce by melting the butter and the hot sauce together over low heat in a pot. Stir to combine as butter melts. Remove from heat once the butter has melted and sauce is thoroughly combined.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, dip into milk and egg mixture and then dredge the chicken again in the seasoned flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Deep fry coated chicken bites in hot canola oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken bites in a large bowl. Pour hot sauce over chicken bites and toss to coat.
- Serve boneless chicken bites with blue cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks.