The Gorgonzola sauce makes for a wonderfully rich sauce go to along with this chicken. Add a fresh salad to this, and you will have a meal that can fill just about anyone up. This recipe may take an extra step or two, but it is so worth it.
Biltmore Estate Chicken Beasts Over Rigatoni
Biltmore Estate Chicken Breasts Over Rigatoni
A rich Gorgonzola sauce covers grilled chicken and pasta.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, each about 4 to 6 ounces
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta, preferably multi-colored
- 1/3 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley for garnish
- TO MARINATE CHICKEN: Lightly pound each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. In a glass or porcelain dish, combine the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 teaspoon of the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinate the chicken in this mixture, covered, in the refrigerator, for not more than 2 hours.TO MAKE SAUCE: In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion and remaining teaspoon of garlic and cook stirring, over low heat, for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add the cream and bring to a boil, add the sage and parsley and remove from the heat. Set aside until later.TO MAKE PASTA AND COOK CHICKEN: In a stock pot, bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for about 12 minutes or according to directions on the box. Meanwhile remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Dip the chicken lightly in the seasoned flour on both sides. In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until completely cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil, keep warm. Add the white wine to the skillet and boil, stirring with a wooden spoon until there are only 2 tablespoons of liquid in the pan. Add the reserved cream mixture and bring to a boil, add the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. TO ASSEMBLE DISH: Drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pan, add the sauce and toss until well combined. Divide the pasta between 4 dishes and top each portion with chicken. Garnish the chicken with minced parsley and serve immediately.
Last Updated on