Simon and Seafort’s Maytag Blue Cheese dressing is very well known. Michael Bartulis generously donated this recipe. He claims it is much closer to the real thing that is already on the site. You be the judge. Whether on a salad, or served up with buffalo wings, this garlicky dressing pleases everyone.
Simon and Seafort’s Maytag Blue Cheese Dressing
Love homemade salad dressings? Check out these copycat salad dressing recipes
Copycat Sweet Tomatoes and Basil Salad Dressing
Moonlight Family Restaurant Caesar Salad Dressing
Benihana Super Salad Dressing
Maytag Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 ounces buttermilk
- 3 ounces Maytag blue cheese crumbles
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons Maytag blue cheese crumbles
- Combine spices, garlic, vinegar, Worcestershire, and Tabasco in a bowl.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk. Stir to combine.
- Add Maytag blue cheese and stir it in.
- Cover the dressing or place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it overnight.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into wedges.
- Drizzle the dressing over the wedges.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, toasted slivered almonds, and Maytag blue cheese crumbles.
Kathy Lee Lunceford
Didn’t the Simon and Seaforth salad also have chopped egg??
I made this for our hot wings it went really well with them. I will break this recipe out next time we do wing night!