Sopapilla Cheesecake combine the taste of sopapillas and cheesecake, and you have a fabulous dessert, called sopapilla cheesecake. I first tried this sopapilla cheesecake dessert at a pot luck dinner. This is so easy to put together, you combine Pillsbury Crescent rolls, and a cheesecake filling, and top with a delightful cinnamon and sugar topping. I brought this sopapilla cheesecake to a party, and it was a hit.
Are you looking for the perfect dessert to bring to a pot luck or a party? This is the dessert for you. Do you like cheesecake? This recipe combines the best of cheesecake and a wonderful south of the border sweet flavor. I have never brought this treat to a party and come home with anything left in the dish. Even if you aren’t a seasoned baker, you can put together this scrumptious dessert quickly, and everyone will be asking you for your recipe.
Whenever I make this Sopapilla Cheesecake the pan never comes back empty.
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla (Mexican vanilla, if you have it)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (orange juice will also work nicely)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (orange zest will also work nicely)
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with 1 can of rolls. The dough can be stretched a bit to cover the bottom of the dish if you roll it out with a rolling pin the pre-cut lines will disappear.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Spread this over the layer of crescent rolls in the baking dish. Spread the remaining can of crescent rolls over the cream cheese layer.
Combine 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small bowl, mix to combine. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the top layer of crescent rolls and then drizzle all with melted butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. If you really want to send this dessert over the edge, you may want to serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.