Start your day like a king with a homemade Burger King Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Croissan’Wich! This flaky, buttery croissant breakfast sandwich packed with juicy sausage, perfectly cooked egg, and gooey melted cheese is the ultimate breakfast delight. Enjoy the perfect harmony of textures and flavors, right at your breakfast table.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What Makes the Burger King Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissan’Wich the Perfect Make-Ahead Breakfast?
Getting yourself and your family ready for the day doesn’t leave much time for making a hot homemade breakfast. So, instead of grabbing a donut or another sugary snack on the way out the door, why not stock your fridge with a few sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches?
Inspired by the original Burger King Croissan’wich, these croissant breakfast sandwiches are convenient and delicious. Start each morning the right way with a real breakfast.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
Nothing beats the combination of perfectly browned sausage, fluffy eggs, and ooey-gooey cheese on a buttery croissant —especially when it is so easy to prepare in advance. Homemade copycat Burger King Croissan’wiches may even be better than the original because you have the option of using premium ingredients, and they are so easy to customize.
Check out the Variations section below for a few ideas about making this breakfast sandwich your own! Keep a few in your freezer, and you’ll never wonder what’s for breakfast!
Burger King Croissant Ingredients
For a Burger King croissant sandwich, you’ll need:
- Ground breakfast sausage
- Garlic powder
- Cooking spray or canola oil
- American cheese slices
Choose round croissants rather than the traditional crescent shape for the best results.
You can swap the American cheese for your favorite.
You can substitute the water for the eggs with a splash of milk.
How to Make a Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
To cook the sausage patties:
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- While the skillet is heating up, make four even-sized sausage patties. They need to be just slightly larger than the croissants you are using.
- Add the sausage patties to the skillet and cook thoroughly. It should take about three to four minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the patties. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the centers are at least 165 degrees, or cut a small slit in the middle of each patty to check for doneness.
- Remove the cooked patties and drain them on a paper towel-lined wire rack—reserve them for later.
To cook the eggs:
- Wipe out the nonstick skillet you used for cooking the sausages and heat the skillet over medium-low heat. Reusing the same skillet adds a lot of extra flavor to the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs with water, salt, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Grease the pan with non-stick spray or a little canola oil.
- Pour half of the beaten egg mixture into the hot skillet. It should be a thin layer in the shape of a circle.
- Stir the egg mixture with a silicone spatula until a few lumps of eggs form.
- Let the eggs cook for about a minute more until the bottom and edge of the egg sets and the top loses most of its shine.
- Fold the eggs in half into a half circle. Cook for another minute, then flip. Use the spatula to cut the half circle of eggs into two pieces and place a slice of American cheese onto each.
- Place the egg and cheese on top of the sausage patties already on the wire rack.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 with the rest of the egg mixture.
To assemble a Burger King croissant sandwich:
- Cut the croissant in half with a serrated knife.
- Put the egg, cheese, and sausage on the bottom half and place the other half on top.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Get creative with your croissant sandwiches. Try these popular options for inspiration:
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese: Replace the sausage with cooked slices of bacon.
- Ham, Egg & Cheese: Substitute the sausage with Canadian bacon or deli ham.
- Egg & Cheese: Make it vegetarian by leaving out the meat.
What to Serve With It
Try adding a little ketchup, hot sauce, or salsa. You can turn this croissant breakfast sandwich into a complete meal with a cup of coffee and hash browns or tater tots.
How to Store Burger King Croissan’wiches
Keep leftover sandwiches in the fridge or freezer. For the best bread texture, store the filling inside an airtight container in the refrigerator and leave the croissants in the bread box.
If you are freezing the sandwiches, place the cooled egg, sausage, and cheese onto a baking tray and freeze. Then assemble the sandwiches. Wrap each individually in aluminum foil and store it in a freezer bag.
How to Reheat Them
The best way to reheat a frozen Burger King Croissan’wich is in a preheated 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for about 10 minutes or until hot. You can reheat without removing the aluminum foil.
To reheat the chilled sausage, egg, and cheese, zap in the microwave for 30 seconds. Let the filling rest in the microwave while slicing a fresh croissant, then assemble the sandwich and enjoy.
More Burger King Copycat Recipes
- Burger King Double Cheeseburger
- Burger King Egg Normous Burrito
- Burger King French Toast Sticks
- Burger King Impossible Whopper
- Burger King Whopper
Favorite Fast Food Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Baconator
- Breakfast Burger
- Breakfast on a Bun
- Egg McMuffin
- Pancake Wake Up Wrap
- Sausage McMuffin
- Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel
- Stuffed Biscuit Bites with Bacon
Burger King Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissan’Wich
- 4 large bakery style croissants
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices American cheese
- Cut each croissant in half with a bread knife, yielding a top and bottom piece of croissant.
- Open the package of pork sausage and use a knife to cut the sausage into 4-equal sized disks. Flatten using the palms of your hands into about 6-inch patties.
- Add the sausage patties to a skillet and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes on either side or until the sausage browns. Be sure to gently cut the center with a knife to ensure it’s cooked all the way through. Allow the patties to drain on a bed of paper towels when done.
- Add the eggs of a medium mixing bowl. Add water, salt and garlic powder. Use a fork to whisk the mixture completely.
- Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray and pour in half of the egg mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cook over low-medium heat until the bottom begins to form solid.
- Use the silicone spatulas to flip one side of the egg over on the other, folding it in half. Allow the egg to cook longer, flipping the half-circle piece over completely allowing it to finish cooking on the other side.
- When the egg has completely finished cooking, add two slices of single cheese on top, on either side of the half circle. Then use a metal spatula to cut the half circle done the middle in between the two eggs creating two ¼ circle pieces.
- Remove from the pan and allow the pieces to cool on a plate while repeating steps 7 & 8 with the remaining mixture.
- When all of the eggs have finished cooking, assemble your breakfast sandwich. Add the sausage patties to the bottom half of the croissant. Top with the egg and cheese piece and the top half of the croissant. Serve immediately.