Looking for a delicious and hearty way to start your day? Look no further than the Egg-Normous Breakfast Burrito from Burger King! This ginormous burrito is packed with egg, bacon, sausage, cheese, and hashbrowns – sure to keep you satisfied all morning long.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Burger King Egg-Normous Breakfast Burrito the One You Should Try Making at Home?
Are you really hungry? Well, this breakfast burrito from Burger King has you covered. Stuffed with hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, eggs, and cheddar cheese, this deliciously satisfying meal will fuel you for whatever the day has in store.
What Makes This Breakfast Burrito Recipe So Good?
Enjoy all your favorite breakfast food on the go. With two types of meat, crispy potatoes, and fluffy eggs wrapped up in a warm tortilla, what more could make you love about this recipe?
How about the fact that you can make a bunch of these oversized burritos and freeze them for a convenient and quick weekday breakfast?
Ingredients For a Bacon Breakfast Burrito
To make a Burger King Breakfast Burrito, you’ll need:
- Hashbrown patties
- Sausage patties
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
You can use tater tots instead of hashbrowns or add even more flavor to these burritos with Cheesecake Factory Loaded Baked Potato Tots!
Pre-cooked frozen sausage patties work the best in this recipe because you won’t need to worry about undercooking the meat. But, if you want, you can bulk sausage to make sausage patties with your favorite bulk sausage meat.
How To Make a Bacon Breakfast Burrito
To cook the bacon, sauce, and hashbrowns:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Lay the frozen hashbrowns, sausage patties, and bacon strips on the wire rack.
- Put the tray in the oven to cook.
- The hashbrowns will take the longest to cook, so set the timer for whatever the package says. Remove the other ingredients as they finish cooking, about 10 minutes for the sausage patties and 12 minutes for the bacon.
To cook the eggs:
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and add a knob of butter.
- When the butter stops foaming, add the eggs. Continuously stir the eggs with a silicone spatula to prevent them from browning.
- Remove the eggs to a plate when they have set but are still a little shiny. Cover the plate with aluminum foil to keep the eggs warm.
To assemble one breakfast burrito:
- Warm a flour tortilla in a dry pan over high heat for about 15 seconds per side. Alternatively, you can heat a tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the bottom third of the tortilla. Leave about half an inch of space on the sides and bottom.
- Spread half of the cooked eggs on top of the cheese.
- Cut one sausage patty in half and place both halves on the egg.
- Add two slices of bacon and cover with roughly chopped hash browns.
- Fold the tortilla’s sides in and bring the bottom over the fillings. Roll the tortilla away from you and place the burrito seam-side down.
Egg-Normous Burrito Recipe Variations
Feel free to make a few changes to suit your preferences. Here are a few you may want to try:
- Swap out the shredded cheddar cheese for your favorite cheese. You can use slices of American cheese which are milder in flavor. Pepper Jack gives this burrito a bit of spice.
- Swap out the bacon or sausage with black forest ham or your favorite deli ham.
- Add a few pickled jalapeno slices or a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce for even more heat.
- These burritos are giant! If you aren’t that hungry, make a Burger King Breakfast Burrito Jr. using the same 10-inch tortilla but reducing the filling by half. A Burger King Breakfast Burrito Jr. is perfect when your kid doesn’t have time to sit down for breakfast before school.
What To Serve With This Recipe
A hot cup of coffee or your favorite coffee drink goes great with breakfast burritos.
How To Make These Ahead and Reheat for Later
Breakfast burritos make a great make-ahead weekday meal. Prepare a bunch of burritos and pop them in the freezer. They will stay fresh for up to three months.
What’s the Best Way to Freeze a Homemade Breakfast Burrito
The secret to a non-soggy frozen burrito is refrigerating all the ingredients before assembly. Chilling down the ingredients ensures there won’t be any condensation.
To prepare burritos to freeze:
- Put all the ingredients in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Pat the eggs, sausage patties, and bacon strips dry with a paper towel.
- Assemble and roll the burrito as usual.
- Wrap the burrito in a 12-inch square of aluminum foil.
- Store the wrapped burritos in a single layer inside a freezer bag.
What’s the Best Way to Frozen Reheat a Breakfast Burrito?
You can reheat a burrito straight from the freezer! Believe it or not, the microwave is your best friend for a hot and soft bacon breakfast burrito!
- Remove the frozen burrito from the aluminum foil.
- Wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel and microwave for three and a half minutes.
- Unwrap and serve. If you prefer a crisper tortilla, heat the burrito in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for about a minute on each side.
More Burger King Copycat Recipes
Popular Breakfast Recipes
- Bacon Gouda Breakfast Sandwich
- Breakfast Baconator
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Cheeseburger Omelette
- Egg McMuffin
- Ham and Cheese Egg Bites
- Sausage Burrito
- Sausage McMuffin
Check out more of my easy breakfast recipes and the best copycat fast food recipes on CopyKat!
Burger King Egg-Normous Breakfast Burrito
- 2 frozen hashbrown patties or ½ cup frozen tater tots
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 sausage patties or ¼ pound mild breakfast sausage I recommend Purnell’s Old Folks Country Sausage Patties or Jimmy Dean Precooked Sausage Patties
- 4 large eggs
- 2 10-inch tortillas
- ⅕ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet. Place the hashbrown patties spaced about ½ inch apart on the wire rack, followed by the bacon and sausage. Place the sheet in the oven to bake.
- At about 12 to 15 minutes, remove the sausage and crispy bacon, but allow the hashbrowns to continue to bake until done.
- About 5 minutes before the hashbrowns are done, heat a large skillet over medium heat. When it is hot, place a tortilla in the skillet. Heat the tortilla for 1 minute, flip, heat for another 30 seconds, and place the tortilla on a plate. Repeat for the second tortilla.
- To prepare the scrambled eggs, crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk very well. Add 2 teaspoons of butter to the warm skillet and pour in the cracked eggs. Cook the eggs by gently stirring until they have firmed up and cooked through.
- To build the burritos, place half of the cheese onto each tortilla.
- Divide the cooked eggs into 2 portions and add a portion to each of the tortillas.
- Cut the sausage patties in half, and place 2 halves on top of the eggs, along with two slices of bacon.
- Cut the hashbrown patties in half and add 2 halves to each tortilla.
- Roll up the burritos and serve.
This was good, I used smaller tortillas and it worked out great.