Lettuce wraps are delicious and a unique appetizer that many people enjoy. This is a re-creation of this appetizer from P.F. Chang’s. The P.F. Chang’s version contains mushrooms and sits on a bed of fried mung bean noodles, but if you don’t have all of those ingredients at home, you can try this one.
P.F. Changs Chicken Lettuce Wrap
Don’t miss out on this recipe recreation from a fellow viewer. These are easy to make and taste much like the Chicken Lettuce Wraps at P.F. Chang’s.
Chicken Lettuce wraps like P.F. Changs
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon Asian garlic-chili sauce or hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 ounces Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- Combine the chicken, basil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, chile, and garlic-chili sauce in a bowl and stir to blend well. Heat both oils in a heavy medium skillet until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and arrange lettuce leaves around edges. Serve, passing the chopped green onions and/or chopped roasted peanuts if you are using these.