Churches Honey Biscuits are some delightful biscuits. The honey adds a perfect touch to your everyday biscuit, you should give the Churches Honey Biscuits a try. I hate to admit how many times I have stopped for some of Churches honey biscuits, they are always so perfect, warm, and have a touch of sweetness to them. I hope you enjoy Churches Honey Biscuits because I think that churches honey biscuits are just fabulous.
Churches Honey Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter set aside
- 1/3 cup honey
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. Work in the shortening until the mixture feels like cornmeal.
- Pour milk into the flour and mix well. Knead about 12 - 15 times. Break dough into about 1/4 -1/3 cup size balls. Roll dough into balls and pat to 1/2" thickness. Brush with melted butter and place on a baking sheet. Place biscuits into 450 degrees preheated the oven and bake 10 - 12 minutes.
- While the churches honey biscuits are in the oven, pour the honey into the remainder of the butter and bring to a boil. Remove honey butter from heat and set aside. When biscuits are done remove from the oven and immediately brush with honey butter.
- Serve with your Churches Honey Biscuits with your favorite fried chicken dinner or churches honey biscuits are wonderful for breakfast.