This fluffy omelet is the perfect way to impress someone at breakfast. This omelet takes a few eggs and turns them into a fluffy and impressive omelet!
Who doesn’t love fluffy eggs? This omelet is made extra fluffy by whipping the egg whites together and carefully blending them in with the yolks. This will give you super fluffy eggs. This fluffy omelet is also known as souffle eggs. No matter what you call them, this is a decadent breakfast you are going to love.
This recipe is part of my Learn to Cook series. The series features simple recipes straight out of my junior high school cookbook. So you know if I was being taught how to cook like this in junior high this recipe is bound to be easy.
This is what you need to make a fluffy omelette:
How to amek fluffy eggs
This omelet is different than most you have eaten. Egg whites are beaten until they have stiff peaks. This gives this fluffy omelet its height.
You need to gently incorporate the beaten egg whites and the yolks together gently, you do not want to stir out the air you have carefully whipped into them.
You will then cook this on the stovetop for just about 1 minute and then you will place this fluffy omelet into the oven so it can finish its cooking.
Cooking Tips for a Fluffy Omelette
You want to use eggs that are very fresh. I like to make this omelet with eggs I have just purchased from the store. I believe the fresher the egg, the more the whites will fluff up.
Make sure the bowl where you beat the egg whites in is perfectly clean. If there is a little extra oil or grease in the bowl where you beat the egg whites they may not whip up as full as you need them to be.
Variations on the recipe
There are a few different ways you may want to top this omelet. You may want to add some salsa, or fresh herbs, or even sprinkle some cheese on top.
You could also saute 2 tablespoons of chopped onions in 1 tablespoon of butter to top this omelet.
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
- IHOP Hearty Ham & Cheese Omelette
- Bacon Omelette
- Egg Bites Sous Vide
- Homemade Pop Tarts
- How to Fry an Egg in the Oven
- Old Fashioned French Toast Recipe
- Fried Pancake Batter (Pancake Puppies)
- How to Make Egg in a Basket
- Chicken Tenders and Waffles
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Great Bread for Breakfast
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate yolks and whites of eggs. Beat the yolks until they are thick and light colored add flour to the egg yolks. Mix in the flour well into the egg yolks. Add salt and water to the egg whites. Beat egg whites until they have stiff peaks and are dry. Gently fold the beaten egg yolks into the egg whites. Add two tablespoons of butter to an 8 inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Spread egg mixture in the skillet and allow to cook for 1 minute before placing the skillet in the oven. Leave in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until omelette has set. Serve immediately.