The Million Dollar pie takes minutes to make and tastes like a million bucks! Did we mention this pie is easy to make?
Table of Contents
Pineapple Icebox Pie
Want to serve the perfect pie for when it is hot outside? A classic Million Dollar pie is for you.
This sweet and creamy icebox pie has a hint of tropical flavor with crushed pineapple. The pie is cool and refreshing and you won’t want to miss out on this tasty dessert!
Super easy to make!
Sometimes the stars align perfectly and you get a recipe that is both easy to prepare, and one that tastes amazing. This recipe has just a few simple ingredients in it, and you can literally make this pie even if you aren’t an experienced cook.
If you can put ingredients in a bowl and stir, you can make this pie!
What’s in a Million Dollar pie?
This pie is made with the simplest of ingredients. You may already have most of the ingredients in your pantry. You can purchase a graham cracker pie shell, or you can make one from scratch, it’s up to you.
- sweetened condensed milk
- lemon juice
- canned crushed pineapple
- Cool Whip
- graham cracker pie shell
You must prepare this pie a few hours before serving!
One of the most important steps in making this pie is to drain the pineapple, save the juice, and enjoy a Windjammer Freeze.
When you mix this pie together it will be a bit soft. Do not worry, this pie thickens and sets up to texture that is similar to a custard pie.
It will take a couple of hours before this transformation happens. You can make this pie the night before for the best results.
Why this Million Dollar pie tastes like a million dollars!
This cool and refreshing pie is perfect for a hot day. This pie is perfectly sweet, and still well balanced with the addition of lemon juice. The texture is divine, it is creamy and light.
This is a family-pleasing recipe. When I have brought this to a potluck it was gobbled up.
How to Make Million Dollar Pie
As I said, this recipe is super easy to make.
- You simply need to put the drained crushed pineapple, lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk, and Cool Whip in a bowl.
- Stir until the filling is nice and smooth.
- Pour all of the ingredients into the graham cracker pie shell and refrigerate. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Then comes the hard part, waiting until this delicious pie sets up properly.
Love Pie? Check out these easy recipes!
- Cherry Cheese Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Coconut Custard Pie
- Diabetic Pumpkin Pie
- Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
- Eggnog Pie
- Lemon Ice Box Pie
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie
- Toll House Pie
Favorite Dessert Recipes
This recipe is by Virginia McDowell. Jefferson City, Mo. 1989, my grandmother.
Million Dollar Pie
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 ounces drained crushed pineapple
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Drain the pineapple. Be sure to save the juice for another recipe.
- In a large bowl, mix together the drained pineapple, lemon juice, and sweetened condensed milk until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate. You will need to refrigerate for a few hours before serving.