My wife and I love Wendy’s Mandarin Salad. She is diabetic so I had to come up with something she could eat. This tastes as good as original without all the sugar. It’s great.
No Guilt Chinese Chicken Salad
Thanks to Columbamio for sharing this healthy salad recipe.
Love Chicken Salad? Try some of these chicken salad recipes
No Guilt Chinese Chicken Salad – this salad is light, healthy, and full of flavor.
- 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot jam
- 8 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 7 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces chicken
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 mandarin orange segments, on each salad
- 1 cup dried chow mein noodles
- 1 cup roasted sliced almonds
- Prepare the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except vegetable oil and sesame seeds. Blend on high speed. While blending, SLOWLY add oil to the mixture to create an emulsion.
- After completing emulsion, Add sesame seeds and blend for just a couple of seconds. Pour dressing into a covered container and chill. Cut chicken in to bite size pieces.
- Build each salad by first arranging about 4 cups of iceberg lettuce in the bottom of a large salad bowl or plate. Sprinkle bite-size pieces of chicken over the salad. Arrange about 4 mandarin orange wedges on each salad. (you can eliminate to reduce more sugar content). Add sesame dressing to each salad. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup dried chow mein noodles and 1/4 cup roasted sliced almonds on top of each salad and serve.