Chart House Spinach Salad is a hearty spinach salad that contains crisp bacon, hard-boiled eggs, mushrooms, onions, and warm bacon dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This was found in a great book with tons of restaurant recipes from the Los Angeles area – Dear SOS: 30 Years of Recipe Requests
Love spinach? Try these recipes:
Chart House Spinach Salad
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 hard cooked eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds Spinach
- 1/4 pound chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- Blend vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard, pickle relish, and capers. Stir in vegetable and olive oil. Set dressing aside.
- Shred eggs on a medium-sized grater. Cover and set aside. Clean spinach, removing tough stems. Drain on paper towels and pat dry. Place leaves in a large bowl. Saute bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and sprinkle over spinach. Add onion and mushrooms to drippings in skillet. Saute until tender. Stir in 1 cup dressing and bring to a boil. Pour over spinach and toss. Garnish with reserved shredded eggs. Serve with additional dressing.