In the heat of the summer, there is nothing quite like ice cream to cool you down. The inspiration behind this recipe comes from one of Chili’s most popular treats, the Mighty Ice Cream Pie. Chili’s Mighty Ice Cream Pie is a no-bake dessert that blends creamy vanilla cream with crunchy Heath Bar Bits and chocolate chips before being packed into a frozen, ready-made Oreo crust. With rich caramel and fudges swirled on top, it is hard to beat this pie!
Why spend a fortune for an ice cream cake from the store when you can easily make this ice cream dessert at home in just a few minutes? Chili’s Mighty Ice Cream Pie is the perfect special occasion dessert, especially for your kids’ birthday parties!
Mastering the Mix-Ins
Honestly, there are only two things about making this dessert that is even a little bit difficult. The first is adding the mix-ins to the ice cream, and the second is waiting long enough until the ice cream pie is frozen before cutting yourself a slice. Here are some tricks for making adding the mix-ins easier. As for improving your self-control, you are on your own for that one!
Although it is possible to manually add the mix-ins by letting the ice cream soften a bit before stirring in the Heath Bar Bits and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon, it is a lot of work. A much easier way to get the same results is to use a stand mixer. Whatever you do, do not attempt to use a blender, even if you have a premium model. It won’t work, and you will only end up with a frozen mess.
Place the mixing bowl of a stand mixer in the freezer for at least 20 minutes until its thoroughly chilled. Put your ice cream in the stand mixer bowl and mix on medium for around a minute until the ice cream loosens up a little. Reduce the speed of the blender if there is any splattering. Scrape down the bowl’s sides with a rubber spatula and add in the chocolate chips and Heath Bar Bits. Turn the mixer on low, and mix until the mix-ins are fully incorporated, a minute or so more.
Don’t feel restricted to only using chocolate chips and Heath Bar Bits as mix-ins. Pick your favorite candy bar, nuts, cookies, or even pretzels! If you use a delicate mix-in, like cookies or pretzels, reduce the mixer’s speed to the lowest level and do not over mix.
Tips for Making, Serving and Storing Chili’s Mighty Ice Cream Pie
- Go crazy with the toppings. Just like you can change the mix-ins, you can experiment with the toppings. Choose any sauce you like or add a ‘crust’ to your ice cream dessert with a magic shell topping!
- Make it easier to serve. Take the frozen pie out of the freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Run warm water over the knife before making each cut.
- Store covered for 7 – 10 days in the freezer. Keeping the pie longer in the freezer may result in ice crystals forming.
Be sure to get all of our newest recipes by friending us on Facebook!
It’s so easy and sooooo good. I could not leave the pie alone and it did not stay in my freezer for too long.
Check out Chili’s Molten Lava Cake for another incredible dessert.
Here’s what you need:
- Oreo pie crust (pre-made)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Heath bar bits
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate fudge topping
- Caramel topping
How to Make Chili’s Mighty Ice Cream Pie
Freeze pie crust, Heath bits, and chocolate chips.
Chop frozen Heath bits and chocolate chips in a food processor until fine. Put the pieces back in the freezer.
Soften ice cream just until it’s workable, just enough so bits can be stirred into ice cream.
Place lightly thawed ice cream in a chilled mixing bowl and add chopped Heath bits and chocolate chips. Stir and mix well.
Place ice cream mixture in frozen pie shell and refreeze for several hours or overnight.
Slightly melt the chocolate fudge topping so it streams when poured from a measure cup or spoon.
The caramel may stream without heating. If not, you should do the same as with the chocolate fudge topping.
Remove the pie from the freezer and stream chocolate and caramel sauce on top of the pie and place back in the freezer.
When completely frozen, cover tightly and place the pie back in the freezer until serving.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
- Bon Bons Ice Cream
- French Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Ben and Jerrys Cherry Garcia
- Cake Mix Ice Cream
Easy Ice Cream Pie Recipes
DIY Ice Cream Toppings
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Magic Shell
- Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Sauce
Chili’s Mighty Ice Cream Pie
- 1 pre-made Oreo pie crust
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 6 ounces Heath Bits
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar chocolate fudge topping
- 1 jar caramel topping
- Freeze pie crust, Heath bits and chips.
- When Heath bits and chips are frozen chop in food processor until fine. Put the pieces back in freezer.
- Soften ice cream just until it's workable (so bits can be stirred into ice cream without melting ice cream.
- Place lightly thawed ice cream in a chilled mixing bowl and add heath bits and chocolate chips that have been processed. Stir and mix well. Place ice cream in frozen pie shell and refreeze.
- When pie has been in freezer for several hours and frozen well you are ready for the next step.
- Melt slightly 1/3 cup of the chocolate fudge topping so that it may stream when poured from a measure cup or spoon.
- The caramel may stream without heating, if not you should do the same as the chocolate topping.
- Remove the pie from freezer and stream chocolate and caramel sauce on top of the pie and place back in freezer.
- When completely frozen cover tightly and will keep in freezer for several days.