Homemade Snickers are a wonderful treat with layers of fluffy chocolate filling, roasted peanuts, and rich caramel covered in chocolate. These DIY Snickers candy bars are great gifts for chocolate lovers.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Copycat Snickers Bars
It’s hard to imagine a better snack than copycat Snickers Bars! That’s because it’s so good! I still think it’s one of my favorite snacks. How could it not be when I combine that caramel chocolate goodness with peanuts for the perfect, delectable crunch?
Candy with a nougat layer, caramel layer, and covered in chocolate is hard to resist. It’s a wonderful gluten-free candy too.
This recipe is also wonderful because it’s so easy to make. It doesn’t require a lot of trial and error. So, it’s a safe bet that you’ll get it right the first time. Take a look at just how easy it is.
What Makes Copycat Snickers Bars the Most Desired Snacks?
You can throw together the Copycat Snickers Candy Bar recipe fairly quickly. So, when you’re in the mood for a snack, that’s always an essential consideration.
Beyond being quick, the recipe is simple. It’s so easy to make from scratch and let ‘em chill. I’m sure this recipe will be one of your favorites soon too!
Why You Should Try This Homemade Snickers Recipe
Sometimes you’re just in the mood for a candy bar, but it’s too much of a hassle to go to the store. With Copycat Snickers Bars, you can get the candy bar you’ve been craving without leaving home. It’s also a wonderful treat to share with your friends and family for special occasions and just because.
Kitchen Tools You Might Need For Copycat Snickers Bars
Here are a few of the tools you may need for the recipe:
- Baking dish: 8 x 8-inch
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Metal or glass mixing bowl
Ingredients You Will Need For Copycat Snickers Bars
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Milk chocolate melting wafers
- Peanut butter
- Evaporated milk
- Marshmallow cream
- Lightly salted, roasted peanuts
- Soft chew caramels
- Dark chocolate melting wafers
- Vegetable oil or coconut oil
How To Make Copycat Snickers Bars
- Using parchment paper, prepare an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Combine half of the evaporated milk with the milk chocolate melting wafers and the peanut butter in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat. Mix until thick and fluffy using a rubber spatula.
- Add the marshmallow cream and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan. The surface will level out.
- Sprinkle peanuts over the top and set aside.
- Combine the caramel pieces and evaporated milk in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave the caramel mixture in 30-second bursts at 50% power. Stir the mixture in between each 30-second burst until it’s smooth.
- Distribute the caramel evenly over the peanuts.
- Refrigerate the dish for 4 hours or overnight.
- Pull up the parchment paper to remove the Snickers from the dish.
- Cut the Snickers bars by making 5 cuts downward and 1 cut upward using a sharp knife. Place each Snickers bar on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Then, put them in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat the dark chocolate wafers in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on 50% power. Add the vegetable oil and stir the chocolate mixture.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 30-second bursts on 50% power. Stir the mixture in between until it is smooth.
- Dip each Snickers bar into the melted chocolate using two forks or dipping tools. Shake off excess chocolate and place each bar on the baking sheet. Repeat the process.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill. When the chocolate is completely hardened, serve immediately.
Top Tips for Copycat Snickers Bars
Here are just a few of my favorite top tips and tricks I use to make copycat Snickers Bars even better!
- Copycat Snickers Bars are the perfect treat to make and give as a special holiday gift. You can wrap them up and put them in a tin or basket with hot chocolate or coffee for an even more special surprise.
- Plan ahead. While this recipe is quick and easy, you still need to allow time for the candy to chill to get the best results.
- If your Copycat Snickers Bars get a little soft (particularly on a hot day), put them back in the fridge to chill. Or maybe you’ll find that you like their extra gooeyness just as much as the chilled version.
- You can add toffee to the recipe to give the recipe a bit of a twist.
- Try out different chocolate options like white, dark, or milk chocolate chips to get other wonderful delectable snacks you’ll love.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the nougat layer for an added touch of richness.
What Can You Serve with Copycat Snickers Bars
Homemade Snickers Bars pair well with a cold glass of milk to complement the chocolate and caramel. Of course, you can also make milkshakes to serve with your snack or even add them to the blender for an extra-special treat. You can also serve it with a side of your favorite ice cream.
You can also serve chocolate Snickers with coffee as a dessert treat at the end of a meal or when you need a bit of that caffeinated goodness to enhance the chocolate and caramel detectability.
How to Store Homemade Snickers Bars
Use airtight containers or zip-top baggies to store your Copycat Snickers Bars. Of course, you may discover that you don’t have leftovers when you make this treat. They usually disappear pretty quickly around here.
To freeze the Snickers candy, tightly wrap them in plastic wrap or foil before putting them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Frozen Snickers Bars are a wonderful treat, particularly on those sweltering summer days. You can bring them to room temperature or eat them in a slightly frozen state.
How Long Will They Last?
Homemade Snickers Bars are candy, so they could last up to six months if you store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They can last even longer if you freeze them.
The Snicker candy treats have never lasted that long in my house, but you could take it on as a challenge to see how long they last for you.
Favorite Candy Recipes
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Lindt Chocolate Truffles
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- Rocky Road Candy
- See’s Fudge
- York Peppermint Patties
Popular Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Turtle Brownies
- 2 cups milk chocolate melting wafers
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk divided
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- ½ 10.8 ounce bag soft chew caramels
- 1½ cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper. See notes for directions & tips.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk chocolate melting wafers, peanut butters and half of the evaporated milk over low-medium heat. Using a rubber spatula, combine fully until thick and fluffy.
- Reduce heat to low and fold in the mallow cream and stir constantly until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. This will self-level well.
- Top with peanuts and set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, combine caramels with the remaining evaporated milk.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, stirring afterwards (it will be very hard to stir. Use another utensil to clear your stirring utensil from the caramel). Return to the microwave and continue to heat on 30-second, 50% power bursts, stirring in between until the caramel is smooth.
- Pour caramel overtop of the peanuts, distributing evenly.
- Place the dish inside the refrigerator and allow it to chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- When done, remove the Snickers mixture from the dish by pulling up on the parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the Snickers bars by making one cut in the middle from top to bottom and another 5 cuts in the opposite direction.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place each Snickers bars on the sheet. Place the sheet inside the refrigerator to keep chilled while you prepare the melting chocolate.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the dark chocolate wafers and place inside the microwave to heat on 50% power for 1 minute. When done, add the vegetable oil and stir. Return to the microwave and heat in 30-second bursts on 50% power, stirring in between, until the chocolate is silky smooth.
- Using two forks or dipping tools, dip each Snickers bar into the chocolate, coating it completely. Gently shake off any excess chocolate before placing the bar back on the baking sheet. Repeat this process for each bar.
- Place the baking sheet back inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is completely hardened. When the chill time is complete, serve immediately.