Do you like Reese’s peanut butter cups? If so, you will enjoy these chocolate covered peanut butter balls. They are so easy to make.
Gowing up this candy was always made during the holidays. We loved the sweet, creamy peanut butter filling and rich chocolate coating.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are wonderful homemade Christmas gifts. Also great for Valentine’s Day or any day for that matter.
Note this recipe is over 30 years old and was made before there were candy melts.
For the chocolate coating, we use chocolate chips and paraffin. Paraffin is available in the canning section of your local grocery store.
This is what you need to make peanut butter balls:
- Creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Balls
- Mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter.
- Form into balls. Chill peanut butter balls for a few hours to set.
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin until smooth.
- Dip balls into chocolate.
- Allow chocolate coating to cool and set.
Love chocolate? Try these recipes
- Cracker Barrel Double Chocolate Fudge Coca Cola Cake
- Chocolate and Pistachio Cake
- Penn Station Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Crinkles
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue
- How to Dip Oreos in White Chocolate
- Williams Sonoma Chocolate Bark
- Homemade Fudge with Walnuts
- Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Starbucks
- Chocolate Frosty Recipe
Best Peanut Butter Recipes
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
- 24 ounces powdered sugar
- 3 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 pound butter softened to room temperature
- 10 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/4 pound paraffin
- Mix the first 3 ingredients by hand until the mixture is creamy. Shape into small balls and chill. Melt chocolate chips and add paraffin over boiling water in a double boiler. Dip balls in chocolate mixture, using a toothpick. Place on waxed paper.