Ruby Relaxer is a tasty tropical cocktail perfect for any occasion. The combination of peach schnapps, coconut rum, vodka, cranberry, pineapple, and cherry syrup makes a gorgeous cocktail that tastes as good as it looks.
Sometimes at the end of a long, tiring day, the best idea is just to kick back, put your up heels, and relax with a cool cocktail. The Ruby Relaxer was pretty much created for this exact situation. Just be careful! This fruity drink goes down easy enough when sitting down, but it is boozy enough to wallop you when you try to get up. So, don’t go overboard.
What’s in the Ruby Relaxer Recipe?
If you are into tropical drinks, you are really going to love this one.
- The Vodka. With a full shot of vodka, you will want to choose one that isn’t going to impart much flavor to your drink. With everything else going on in this cocktail, the vodka’s role is primarily to increase the alcohol content, so there is no need to reach for top-shelf bottles here. Instead, opt for a quality, lower-priced vodka like the surprisingly good and inexpensive Tower Vodka.
- The Peach Schnapps. If you haven’t had peach schnapps since your days at uni, you might be surprised that, one, you can do more than shoot it, and two, not all peach schnapps tastes like a cheap lollipop. At only .75 oz, any peach schnapps will work fine, but if you want to up your spirit game, try using Archers Peach Schnapps.
- Cruzan Coconut Rum. As the only brand-name liquor listed in the recipe, you know that Cruzan Coconut Rum must be pretty good — and it is. Smooth drinking without an overpowering coconut flavor and none of the candy taste of other brands, Cruzan Coconut Rum adds just the right amount of sweetness and flavor to this cocktail.
- Cherry Syrup. Don’t skip the cherry syrup because it definitely helps bring this cocktail together, but you have several choices on what you can use. Monin Cherry or Torani Cherry syrups are good choices, but if you don’t have them handy, you can use the juice from a jar of maraschino cherries or even grenadine.
Shaking Up a Ruby Relaxer Drink
This cocktail needs a few seconds of vigorous shaking to ensure everything is well mixed and help the pineapple juice create an appealing ring of foam.
- Start by filling a shaker halfway with ice and adding all the ingredients. Don’t overfill the shaker. If you are making more than one, shake each one separately.
- Cover the shaker tightly, place one hand on the top and the other on the bottom and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a rock or a coupe glass filled with fresh ice.
Tips for Serving Ruby Tuesday’s Ruby Relaxers
- Garnish, garnish, garnish — this is a tropical drink, after all. An orange wheel, a pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry skewer, or even a paper umbrella wouldn’t be out of place here.
- Prepare ahead of time for a party. If you are throwing a party, everyone will want to try this cocktail. Save time by mixing up a bunch and keeping it in the fridge. Remember, you will still have to shake each cocktail individually before serving.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Peach schnapps
- Cruzan coconut rum
- Cranberry juice
- Pineapple juice
- Cherry Syrup
- Maraschino cherry
How to Make Ruby Tuesday Ruby Relaxer Cocktail
- Pour peach schnapps into a cocktail shaker.
- Add coconut rum.
- Add vodka.
- Add cranberry juice.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Add cherry syrup.
- Shake and pour into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Love fruity cocktails? Try these recipes!
Favorite Summer Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes
- Freckled Lemonade
- Frosted Lemonade
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Smurf Drink
- Very Berry Hibiscus Lemonade
- ¾ ounce Peach schnapps
- ¾ ounce Cruzan coconut rum
- 1¼ ounces Vodka
- 3 ounces Cranberry juice
- 3 ounces Pineapple juice
- ½ ounce Monin cherry syrup or maraschino cherry syrup
- 1 Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place all ingredients except the cherry into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until well combined.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cherry.