Starbucks Pink Looking for a refreshing and tasty beverage that will satisfy your thirst? Look no further than the Starbucks Pink Drink! This delicious drink combines the sweet and refreshing taste of strawberry acai with a creamy coconut milk base, making for the perfect pick-me-up.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
The Pink Drink
On a hot summer day, you know that the pink drink Starbucks serves is calling your name. But who wants to pay Starbucks’ prices for beverages? If you can’t escape your cravings for the sweet and tangy thirst-quenching taste of Starbucks Pink Drink, but don’t want to go broke, try making it at home.
This homemade Starbucks Pink Drink recipe is caffeine-free, so you will feel good about allowing everyone in your family to enjoy it. And it is a good thing that the recipe is so easy to prepare because once you make it, it’s sure to become one of the most requested summer treats in your house.
What’s in a Starbucks Pink Drink?
This drink is made with a Strawberry Acai Base, coconut milk, and freeze-dried strawberries.
Does the pink drink have caffeine? Yes, it is a caffeinated drink. While I do not add the natural green coffee powder, to this recipe, you can purchase the natural green coffee powder, and add about 1/4 teaspoon to this recipe if you desire.
The Copycat Version
For this copycat Starbucks pink drink recipe, I have a few swaps I am going to use for this recipe. The taste is very close. If you can find the Starbucks VIA Instant Refreshers, Very Berry Hibiscus you should purchase those, but I haven’t seen those available in the stores or on the Starbucks website in a very long time.
So let’s make the signature drink with what you can find, and again, I think you will find it tastes very close. The natural flavors of fresh strawberries may make this your favorite drink.
Copycat Pink Drink Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- TAZO Passion Herbal Tea
- White grape juice
- Coconut milk
- Ice cubes
The ingredients for Starbucks Pink Drink are TAZO Passion Herbal Tea, white grape juice, coconut milk, standard simple syrup, and strawberries for a garnish.
You can use your favorite brands for most of the ingredients, but you must use TAZO Passion Herbal tea. After all, it is the secret to the beautiful color and complex tartness of this drink with its hibiscus flowers, orange peel, rose hips, passion fruit, and cinnamon. If you can’t find it locally, you can order it online.
The one unusual ingredient you might not be using day-to-day in your kitchen is coconut milk. Coconut milk is not the same as coconut water you are probably more familiar with since many companies market it as a natural sports drink.
For this recipe, you need the taste and thicker consistency of coconut milk. You can find coconut milk in cans, but the ideal variety for you to pick up is in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Do not use sweetened coconut milk or you will have a sweeter drink.
When shopping for white grape juice, look for low sugar or a no-sugar-added variety since you will be adding plenty of sweetness in the form of simple syrup. For the pinkest drink, you should buy the palest white grape juice you can find.
We are going to make a simple syrup to get this drink sweet. Instead of using expensive freeze-dried strawberries, we are going to use fresh strawberries.
How to Make Starbucks Pink Drink
- Prepare simple syrup by placing water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat on medium-high just until the mixture begins to boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow the simple syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare one bag of tea in a cup of boiling water.
- Steep tea for five minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool to room temperature before you make the drink.
- Add simple syrup, half of the tea, and white grape juice to a tall glass. Stir well.
- Pour in additional tea to fill the glass three-quarters full. Stir well.
- Add coconut milk and stir well.
- Add chopped strawberries and serve immediately.
Tips For Making and Serving Homemade Starbucks Pink Drink
Make Pink Drink by the Pitcherful
Why waste time making each drink individually? Just make a larger batch by multiplying the recipe by four. Make it early in the day and store it covered in the fridge. Leave the strawberries out, and then add them into each individual glass along with ice.
Make it a Pink Drink slushie
Everyone loves a slushie when it’s hot outside, and it is easy to transform this drink into one.
- Prepare the tea in advance and let it cool to room temperature
- Stir in the white grape juice.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cube tray.
- When you want to make a Pink Drink slushie, put the coconut milk, simple syrup, and strawberries into the blender along with frozen cubes of tea and white grape juice.
- Blend until smooth and serve.
Try making the slushie with a shot of rum for an island-inspired cocktail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this recipe is caffeine-free, you can add about 1/4 teaspoon of green coffee powder to this recipe, this will give you a boost of caffeine. I don’t feel it impacts the flavor in any substantial way.
Yes, you can make your pink drink with different types of milk. You could try this with soy milk, dairy milk, or your favorite type of nut milk.
Use 2 tablespoons of simple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon Starbucks VIA Instant Refreshers, Very Berry Bisbiscus, 1/2 cup grape juice, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped strawberries, and 1 cup of ice. Place all into a shaker, and shake.
Love Starbucks? Try these copycat recipes!
Iced coffee and tea drinks and frappes to cool you down on a hot day.
- Caramel Frappe Recipe
- Chocolate S’mores Frappuccino
- Green Tea Frappuccino
- Passion Fruit Lemonade
- Starbucks Iced White Mocha
- Strawberry Frappuccino
- Vanilla Frappe
- Very Berry Hibiscus
Favorite Summer Drink Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Sonic
- Lemon Drop
- Frosted Lemonade
- McDonalds Fruit Smoothie
- Orange Julius
- Pina Colada Smoothie
Starbucks Pink Drink
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tea bag Tazo Passion Herbal Tea
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh strawberries
Simple Syrup Prepration
- Prepare simple syrup by placing 1 cup of water and 2 cups of sugar into a saucepan. Heat on medium-high just until mixture begins to boil, stir occasionally while the syrup heats. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. It is best if you allow the simple syrup to cool off before you make the drink.
- Prepare 1 bag of tea by adding 8 ounces of boiling water. Allow tea to steep for five minutes. It is best if you allow the tea to cool off before you make the drink.
Building the Pink Drink
- Add 2 tablespoons of simple syrup to a glass, add 1/2 cup tea to the glass. Add 1/2 cup white grape juice to the glass. Stir well.
- Add ice to the glass. Add 3 tablespoons of coconut milk and mix gently. Add chopped strawberries and serve immediately.