Yet, another creations brought to you by the CopyKat team. This is one of the three pies that has been recreated. My crew is worked hard to come up with these creations, just don’t mention the word pie to them right now 🙂
Restaurant Style Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
This restaurant-style lemon cream cheese pie tastes just like Marie Calendars in our opinion.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cups Graham Crackers Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Cream Cheese Layer
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Knox Gelatin
- 1 tablespoon Cold Water
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 egg yolks beaten
- 5 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Grated Lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Graham Cracker Crust Mix all ingredients together and shape in a 9" greased pie pan. Bake at 375 for 6 - 8 minutes remove from oven and cool. Cream Cheese Layer Combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and salt in a medium-sized pan and cook on a very low heat stirring constantly until mixture starts to boil lightly.
Mix gelatin with water and dissolve. When dissolved add to mixture along with vanilla and stir well. Cook until mixture reaches a light boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool off. When its lukewarm layer cream cheese on crust and refrigerate until cooled.
Lemon Topping Place water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, salt and lemon peel in a saucepan and whisk until mixture comes to a boil at medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes until thick. Pour 1/2 hot mixture in beaten eggs slowly and stir constantly. When the mixture is completely blended pour egg mixture into the hot pudding stir and cook until the pudding reaches the boiling stage. Stir and let boil slowly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat add butter and vanilla stir and set aside until cooled off.
When lemon mixture reaches room temperature gently smooth it over the cream cheese mixture and chill for several hours before serving. Fresh whipped cream may be added for garnish.