Commander’s Palace is a famous New Orleans institution. Their salad is a perfect start for a meal. If you are concerned about raw eggs, please use eggs that have already been pasteurized.
Commanders Palace Salad Dressing
The Commander’s Palace Salad Dressing
Enjoy the flavor of New Orleans Commander Place with this recipe.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 tablespoons bacon -- cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 eggs hard-boiled -- for garnish, halved
- Wash and dry greens and tear into bite-size pieces. In a salad bowl combine greens, bacon, cheese and croutons. Put 1/2 cup oil and remaining ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend on low speed. Remove cover and gradually blend in remaining oil.
To serve: Pour 8 tablespoons dressing over salad and toss. Divide onto individual salad plates or into bowls and garnish each serving with hard-cooked egg half