Commander’s Palace is a famous New Orleans institution. Their salad is a perfect start for a meal. If you are concerned about raw eggs, please use eggs that have already been pasteurized.
Commanders Palace Salad Dressing
The Commander’s Palace Salad Dressing
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 tablespoons bacon -- cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 eggs hard-boiled -- for garnish, halved
- Wash and dry greens and tear into bite-size pieces. In a salad bowl combine greens, bacon, cheese and croutons. Put 1/2 cup oil and remaining ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend on low speed. Remove cover and gradually blend in remaining oil.
- To serve: Pour 8 tablespoons dressing over salad and toss. Divide onto individual salad plates or into bowls and garnish each serving with hard-cooked egg half