A fellow viewer found this recipe of one of Houston’s most famous restaurants in the Houston Chronicle. It is made in a fluted 10-inch pie pan with removable bottom. If you can’t find it then use a deep – dish pie pan or a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. You will be happy with this rich and luscious pie.
Anthony’s Key Lime Pie
- 3/4 pound graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter plus 1 tablespoon
- 42 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups lime juice fresh or bottled
- 2 pints whipped cream
- lime slices and mint sprigs for decorations
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on bottom and sides of 10x2 inch deep fluted pie pan.
- In another bowl, mix condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice on low speed of mixer until well-blended (it should be creamy color and slightly thickened) about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pie shell and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 18 to 24 minutes (pressing surface lightly with finger should leave a mark). Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours before serving. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, fresh lime slices and mint sprigs.