Carrabbas Chicken Bryan is one of my favorite chicken dishes that you can find in a restaurant. I love the chicken drenched in a lemon-basil wine sauce with a piece of tangy goat cheese on top. I love to order this dish with mashed potatoes because to miss any of this sauce is well something that is almost criminal.
Carrabbas – home of An Open Kitchen
What’s not to love about Carrabba’s Italian Grill? They are one of the few restaurants where you can enjoy an open kitchen experience. You can order from Carrabba’s menu, see how your food is cooked, and you get to inhale the tempting aroma of your order while watching your meal being prepared. This makes Carrabba’s one of my favorite places to go for dinner.
Why is the Chicken with the Bryan Topping so Delicious?
You might wonder what makes the Chicken Bryan so tasty. The secret lies in the many layers of flavors. One of the most notable characteristics is goat cheese which accentuates the whole dish. Combined with fresh basil and sun-dried tomato slices, this dish tastes unbelievably delicious.
- Variations – This lemon butter sauce for chicken will also go great over some pasta. And, I think this recipe would be pretty much the same for the Carrabba’s Filet Bryan (minus pounding on the beef) if you want to try that.
Make Carrabba’s Chicken Bryan at home
You don’t have to go out to dinner to have something that tastes this incredible. You can make my Carrabba’s Chicken Bryan recipe at home. Best of all you can put this chicken recipe together in about 30 minutes.
While this recipe may take an extra step or two, I think you will find that it’s well worth it to make your dinner extra special.
While you have the chicken cooking you may want to roast some vegetables in the oven, or perhaps some tasty mashed potatoes would go well with this dish. Make it when you want or for someone’s special birthday dinner.
Love Carrabbas? Check out these copycat recipes
- Carrabbas Soups – Sausage Lentil
- Mussels Bianca
- Carrabba’s Dipping Sauce
More Italian Food Recipes
- Homemade Italian Sausage Recipe
- Canning Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Recipe for Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Crab Fettuccine Alfredo
- Shrimp Pasta with White Wine Sauce
- Red Lobster’s Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Chicken Romano Pasta Recipe
- Pasta with Artichoke Hears and Capers
- How to Make Alfredo Sauce Creamy
- Uno’s Pizza
Be sure to check out more of my restaurant copycat recipes and easy homemade Italian food.
Carrabbas Chicken Bryan
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablepoons olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped white onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons basil, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- Prepare chicken by wrapping in plastic wrap and pounding out until thin. Remove chicken from plastic wrap and pat dry with a paper towel. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil.
- Cook chicken on a grill until it is done - it should take 3 to 4 minutes on each side. When chicken is done, place chicken on a plate, and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Slice the goat cheese into four slices and shape the cheese into disks, one for each piece of chicken.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until they are fragrant and the onions are translucent. Add wine and lemon juice to pan and turn down the heat tp a simmer. Stir gently until it has reduced by half. When the wine has been reduced by half, add 3 tablespoons of cold butter and whisk until the butter has melted completely.
- Turn off the burner, add remaining butter and whisk in. The sauce should be getting thick now. Pour sauce through a strainer to strain out the onions and garlic. Then return the sauce to the warm pan and stir in half of the basil. Add sun-dried tomatoes. (
Assembly of the final dish
- Place each chicken breast on to a plate. Place a piece of goat cheese on the chicken and then spoon sauce over the chicken. Top each chicken breast with the remaining basil.
Can you please tell me if you used oil-packed sun dried tomatoes or the dry form?
I used the oil packed for this recipe.
I was very good, but next time I will use less butter.
Thanks for letting me know.
HOLY GOAT CHEESE! I feel like a uber chef now! Cooked this for my girlfriend and she went goat sh**, if there is such a thing! Will always use this particular recipe! Thanks so so so so much !
Well I am happy to hear that she went goat sh**. It’s a great recipe, I am glad it worked out well for you.
Just made it and it was delicious, tasted just like the restaurants except mine was pan fried haha! Making it again tonight since I don’t want the goat cheese to go to waste.
I hope you enjoyed it, I love goat cheese. This is a great recipe.
Made this tonight…delicious! I will definitely be making it again. The only thing that would have made it better would be a wood fire grill in my kitchen for the chicken. In lieu of that, it was amazingly close to the real deal!
Well most of us don’t have a wood fired grill in our kitchen, we can all dream. I am glad you thought the recipe was very close!
Made this sauce last night for my hubby and he LOVED it! But, he had Filet Bryan!
This sauce would be great over some pasta!
Hubby says this is better than Carraba’s! Making tonight for his birthday dinner this is his favorite!
I hope your husband had a lovely birthday!
Thank you Stephanie he did! Love your page! We live in the Houston area too moved from Michigan.
You know I lived in Michigan for a short time. Beautiful state.
wow that’s awesome where about? We lived in between Detroit and Ann Arbor I really miss the 4 seasons and the snow at Christmas. I like all the fun things to do in Houston though and all the good restaurants 🙂
I lived in Eau Claire. I worked at Whirlpool in Benton Harbor. If I ever win the lottery, I want to buy a summer place there.
oh wow bet you went to lake MI a lot the east side of the state is beautiful! We hope to move back but I get to visit my family a couple times a year always love going back. thanks again for the recipe made this again tonight! Merry Christmas!
I’m not fond of goat cheese. What is a substitute for that?
Not really sure on this one, for me goat cheese is what makes this dish. I would add what ever cheese you would like. I don’t think cheddar would work. Maybe something like a dollop of cream cheese.
can i substitute the white wine for something else, since I don’t have it?
You could try chicken broth as a substitute.
You could try substituting it for chicken broth.
This is a yummy recipe. Love the Quick preparation. The simple seasoning made the chicken flavor come out on the grill. As far as the pan sauce, totally worth it! Take the time to make the sauce. I normally make the chicken in the pan and then make a pan sauce with lemon and capers. Additions to the recipe, I used 1/2c. of onion. Then rather than 2t. garlic, I used 3 cloves minced. Added a little olive oil to the butter also. I reduced the sauce too far ( had duties at the grill). So added 1/3c of wine and 1T lemon. And a sprinkle of chicken Maggi. Then when I stained the sauce I pressed the juice through the strainer. Use a good goat cheese. Love the flavor combination. Don’t forget the mashed potatoes.
I can’t open on my EVO & I HAVE TO HAVE this recipe,,,,,,,PLEASE !!!! 😉
I can’t open on my EVO & I HAVE TO HAVE this recipe,,,,,,,PLEASE !!!! 😉
Where can I get more of Carrabbas Recipes?
Likewise, I cannot see the recipe on my android phone. I have other ways to connect to the internet, but my recipe app is on my phone and it contains a handy portable shopping list. So being able to see and copy recipes directly on my phone would be helpful.
Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet)
Yummy…Carrabba’s is one of my favorite restaurants, and I LOVE this dish! Saving to make very soon!!
I wonder if the recipe would be pretty much the same for the Filet Bryan… Minus pounding out the beef filet. I love the Filet Bryan… can’t wait to try it!
My guess is that yes, it would work well.
I turned my phone off to reboot to see if that would help, it didn’t. I also deleted the mobile book mark that didn’t help either. I’m all out of ideas. HELP!!!!! I love this site.
Pam, I will email you the recipe.
I can’t see this recipe on my iPhone & I can’t switch to regular theme.
Is your iPhone the only way you connect to the internet?
Can’t see the recipe on my blackberry
Where can I view the recipe?
What are you using to view the site.
My iPhone. I’ve been waiting to make this for forever. I love Carrabbas.
If you switch your view to regular theme you can see it, I am still trying to work out the bugs between a new format and smart phone displays.
Now it’s working. Thank you.
I tried switching several times, it stays with the mobile theme