Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake is a cool, creamy, and minty treat. This festive peppermint shake has chips of peppermint bark and is topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Now you can enjoy a homemade peppermint chip milkshake any time of the year with this easy copycat recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chick Fil A Peppermint Chip Milkshake
This popular seasonal milkshake is one of the top Chick Fil A menu favorites during the holiday season. It incorporates the classic holiday flavor of peppermint bark into a creamy milkshake. This special treat is made the old-fashioned way, hand-spun with ice cream, mint, and bits of chocolate.
Why Is the Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake the Perfect Pick-Me-Up?
Just before four o’clock, you can feel yourself heading for that dreaded mid-afternoon lull. Lunch was hours ago, and dinner seems like it will never arrive. But you don’t have to suffer from low energy when you can get an instant boost with this recipe for a peppermint milkshake Chick Fil A style.
Revive yourself with this unique shake containing peppermint-flavored vanilla ice cream studded with peppermint bark chips, topped with a swirl of whipped cream, and garnished with a maraschino cherry. After a few sips, you’ll be ready for anything!
Why Must You Try This Recipe?
There are a lot of ways to make a shake, but this peppermint chip milkshake recipe beats them all hands-down. Why? Well, the peppermint bark, of course!
While other copycat recipes call for regular chocolate chips and ground peppermint candy, that simply won’t cut it. If you want to recreate a true Chick fil A Peppermint Shake at home, you are going to have to use chip-sized pieces of high-quality peppermint bark!
Ingredients You Will Need
To prepare this Chick fil A peppermint shake, you’ll need:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whole milk
- Peppermint extract
- Red gel food coloring, optional
- Peppermint bark
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherry
The ice cream you use really matters here, so buy a good one. Tillamook Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a perfect option, but it isn’t cheap. If you can’t find it at your local store or don’t want to spend your entire budget on ice cream, Turkey Hill All Natural Vanilla Bean Ice Cream can definitely compete with the more premium brands.
Feel free to leave the red food coloring out if you don’t have it or don’t want to use it.
Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark is the top choice for this recipe. Ghiradelli uses quality dark chocolate with just the right amount of peppermint flavor to take your shake to the next level of deliciousness. If you find that the peppermint bark chips are melting into the shake, try freezing them before blending.
How To Prepare a Peppermint Chip Milkshake
To make the peppermint shake recipe:
- Place the peppermint bark pieces in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them into chocolate chip-sized pieces.
- Scoop the vanilla ice cream into a blender and add the milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring if using.
- Blend on the Milkshake setting until smooth.
- Add the peppermint bark chips to the blender and pulse a few times to distribute the peppermint bark evenly.
- Pour the peppermint shake into a serving glass. Use a classic milkshake glass with a foot for a hint of nostalgia.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
What To Serve With a Peppermint Chip Milkshake
Serve the shake with two red and white swirled straws, a long spoon, and a mini candy cane to be even more festive.
If you are feeling a bit hungry, why not whip up an old-time lunch counter favorite like an original chicken sandwich, turkey club or patty melt? Try dipping a few french fries into the milkshake for a surprisingly delicious combo!
Love Chick Fil A Drinks? Try These Copycat Recipes!
Find even more copycat Chick Fil A recipes.
Favorite Fast Food Milkshakes and Seasonal Drinks
- Banana Milkshake
- Eggnog Latte
- Eggnog Milkshake
- Iced Sugar Cookie Latte
- Lucky Charms Milkshake
- Peppermint Mocha
- Shamrock Shake
Check out more of my easy drink recipes and the best copycat fast food recipes on CopyKat!
Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake
- 2 cups premium vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 to 6 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons peppermint bark Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark is highly recommended
- whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Blend until smooth.
- Add the peppermint bark and pulse a few times until the bark is broken up.
- Pour the milkshake into a glass and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
In December is when you can buy peppermint ice cream in most supermarkets. That really makes this recipe easy.