Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are so much better than the plain original ones. You’ll love devouring peanut butter flavored rice krispie treats covered in rich chocolate ganache.
The good folks from Divine Chocolate sent me of their amazing Fair Trade Chocolate, and I wanted to do something with the chocolate that made it stand out. I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. I don’t think it gets much better than these two together.
For this recipe, I am using peanut butter powder. I have seen this in the natural food section of my grocery store as well as the where peanut butter is sold. I am becoming a fan of powdered peanuts.
When you use peanut butter like this, the process of turning peanuts into powder means that most of the fat is taken out of the peanuts. This way you are getting the flavor of the peanut, and the protein they offer. I also like that the peanut powder seems to thicken sauces nicely.
When it comes to desserts, I can’t think of chocolate without thinking of peanut butter. What I like about using the peanut butter in these cookies is that in the powder form you don’t have to change the standard recipe too much. Extra butter is all you need to go to get the powder into these cookies.
For the topping, I made a ganache out of the Divine Chocolate. Divine chocolate is sold in many places. I like that the chocolate is Fair Trade, this way you know the farmers and those who harvest the chocolate receive a fair wage for their hard work.
A ganache is one of the easiest chocolate concoctions to make. You are going to heat up 1/2 cup heavy cream in a pot until it boils. You will turn off the heat, and then you will add 8 ounces of chopped chocolate and stir until it is smooth.
When you first start this process it will seem like it won’t work, but keep stirring. You will see the chocolate melt and the mixture becomes smooth.
When the treats are cooled, you will pour this over the top. What you will end up with is a delicious chocolate topping that is smooth and glossy.
Love peanut butter and chocolate? Try these recipes
- Baskin Robbins Pie
- Reeses Peanut Butter Balls
- Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe for Ice Cream
- Reeses Snack Mix
- DIY Peanut Butter
- Afternoon Delight Recipe
- Hershey Candy Bar Cake
- Hershey’s Cocoa Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
More Great Sweet Snacks
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons peanut powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces chopped chocolate
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, add marshmallows, peanut powder, and butter. Stir until melted and well-blended.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Allow the treats to cool to room temperature before adding the chocolate.
- Make ganache by heating 1/2 cup of heavy cream in a small saucepan until it boils.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped chocolate. Stir until the mixture is smooth and uniform. Spread over the cookies.
- Cut when the chocolate sets. You may want to store these in the refrigerator.