Wendy’s is known for their fresh burgers, chili, and many other great menu items. Here is my version of Wendy’s Apple Pecan Salad with chicken, cranberries, and blue cheese.
I love a great hearty salad. This fresh salad from Wendy’s is easy to duplicate at home. This is a wonderful salad to serve at home when you prepare this one yourself. You can even take a couple of extra steps to make this salad taste just a little bit better when you make it yourself in your own kitchen.
What I really love about cooking from home is you can tailor your recipes for the way you eat. I like to use organic meats and vegetables when I can. Wendy’s Apple Pecan Salad is the perfect salad to do this. I love to use organic chicken and organic apples in this recipe.
You can buy organic meats and fruits at many stores, heck, even Walmart sells organic items now. You could use packaged salad for this recipe, or you can save some money by buying romaine and washing it yourself, and cutting it. Romaine lettuce is very easy to work with, so it is easy to do.
Some ways you can enhance the salad, you can toast the pecans in a skillet until they become fragrant. This will really help the flavor come through. I also like to use a nice quality of blue cheese to make this salad simply delicious. You can also chill the bowls you are going to serve in to add a little extra touch.
When it comes to the perfect salad dressing you can buy some Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Pomegranate Vinaigrette. You could also make a quick homemade vinaigrette. I make these by adding 1 part vinegar, and 2 parts vegetable oil, and I add salt, pepper, and other dried herbs. No matter what you top this salad with you are going to enjoy this salad when it is made from your own kitchen.
I know you are going to love this copycat recipe!
Love Wendy’s? Try these Wendy’s Copycat Recipes
Wendy's Apple Pecan Salad with Chicken
- 15 ounces chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 16 ounces Romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces spinach
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries (you can use Craisins)
- 1 red apple chopped
- 1 green apple chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons pecans chopped
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, I like to use cast iron as it helps meat brown beautifully. Add your oil to the pan and let it get hot. Use a paper towel to blot away excess moisture from the chicken breast. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of your chicken. Place chicken into the skillet, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side. You can use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken has fully cooked. Allow meat to rest while you make the rest of your salad.
- Wash the lettuce and spinach, divide the salads between two bowls. Build each salad by adding to each bowl: 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries, 1/2 of the red apple, 1/2 of the green apple, 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans, and 1/4 cup chopped blue cheese. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and divide the meat evenly between the two bowls. Top the salad with the dressing of your choice.