If you like creamy mac and cheese, don’t miss this one! Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese is so much better than the stuff that comes in the blue box.
Make Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese at home
Luby’s Mac and Cheese is one of their dishes that is always on their menu. But if you can’t go to Luby’s, you can still make Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese just like they do.
The recipe is simple and has a unique ingredient. It calls for dry milk and water instead of regular milk.
American cheese makes this mac and cheese super creamy. Enjoy it with honey baked ham or fried chicken.
Love Macaroni and Cheese? Try these Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Luby’s Macaroni and Cheese
- 16 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3 cups shredded American cheese divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix dry milk, flour, and butter. Gradually add boiling water, beating constantly. Add 1 cup of cheese and continue beating until smooth and creamy. Stir in macaroni, one more cup of cheese and salt. Transfer to lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese. Continue baking 1 minute, or until cheese melts.