Luby’s Sausage Steak is a sausage patty that is topped with melted cheddar cheese, crisp bacon, and scallions. Sausage hasn’t been served for breakfast like this before.
If you didn’t know, Luby’s Cafeteria serves breakfast. Their sausage steak is one of my favorite menu items that they serve for breakfast.
Luby’s Sausage Steak is easy to make and makes a great weekend breakfast. With a pound of your favorite ground sausage and a few other ingredients, you can prepare breakfast for a family or even for yourself. It’s also easy to reheat during the week.
The beef broth is our secret ingredient here. It helps make the sausage more steak-like and keeps the meat nice and juicy.
- Pork sausage
- Beef Broth
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
Broil sausage patties with beef broth. Top with bacon, cheese, and green onions. Broil until cheese is melted.
Do you love Luby’s? Check out these copycat Luby’s Recipes
- Luby’s Creamy Grits
- Luby’s Pecan Pie
- Luby’s Coconut Meringue Pie
- Lubys Cafeteria Baked White Fish
- Luby’s Skillet Cabbage
Luby's Sausage Steak
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound bacon cooked crisp and chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Divide ground sausage into approximately six patties. Shape the patties into oblong pieces. Place sausage into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with beef broth. Broil the sausage patties in the oven. Follow the directions on your oven's broiler, on high this may only take 10-13 minutes. Make sure the sausage is completely done. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon, place sausage steaks back into the oven for approximately one or two minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
What a super read first thing on a Monday morning.
I love anything Luby’s!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish we had one close but folks like you let us do our best to duplicate. My most requested recipe is Luby’s carrot soufflé. 2nd place isn’t even close!
My Luby’s never makes this. I go there about once a week, they are close to my office.
Your only solution is to move your office!
Oh goodness no 😉 There is one near my house too, but when I am home I generally cook. So many recipes to write, so little time.
Does the Luby’s near your home use the carrot recipe? Hard to believe they have dropped this item. It is to die for, imho!
The only place where I have had a similar recipe is at Piccadilly cafeteria.
I am not saying they dropped the menu item, the two Luby’s that I go to, don’t serve this.
If making for breakfast, top with sawmill or country gravy at table. Sawmill might be a little over the top but you can always do 20 extra min on the bike! ha ha
Tissue paper machine
That looks so delicious! Yum!
It looks delicious and very unhealthy for those of us on a salt free no cholosteral diet…shucks…wish we could eat this….shucks
It says boil in broth in oven then it says to broil. Do you do both?
You should broil, and I shouldn’t make typos 😉