Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Muffins are soft, moist, and loaded with fresh blueberries. These bakery-style muffins are made with buttermilk for a special rich flavor.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Magnolia Bakery is known for their amazing bakery goods. This chain of bakeries was founded in New York City in the 1990s. Lines form every day when they open their doors. If you are lucky you can go to one of their bakeries and enjoy some of their cakes, cupcakes, and yes, blueberry muffins.
Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Muffins are wonderful when they are fresh out of the oven. You can find more recipes from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook.
What makes a good blueberry muffin?
Fresh ingredients and a bit of cooking technique make for tender and flavorful blueberry muffins. For many muffin recipes, you will need to combine your dry ingredients separately from the wet ingredients.
When you do combine the dry and the wet ingredients it is important not to overmix the batter. If you overmix the batter the muffins will be tough.
Here’s what you need to make fresh blueberry muffins:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh blueberries
How to Make Blueberry Muffins
Making muffins is an easy process. Here’s what to do:
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Should you use a paper lining when making muffins?
It is absolutely not necessary to use a paper lining, but you must be sure to grease the muffin tin well when baking muffins. Yes, paper linings look lovely, and they can help protect the delicate pastry. If you don’t happen to have any on hand, you can feel comfortable in preparing muffins without paper linings.
Love blueberries? try these recipes
Easy Breakfast Bread
- Homemade Zucchini Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Seeds
- Petite Vanilla Scones
- Plain Sweet Muffins
- Date Nut Muffins
- Apple Muffins
- Oatmeal Raisin Muffin
- Muffins That Taste Like Donuts
- Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries lightly floured
- 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan generously. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to over mix. The batter may be lumpy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter. Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full. Lightly sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached. Do not over bake.