These are wonderful when they come fresh out of the oven. You can find more recipes from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook.
Magnolia Bakery is known for their amazing bakery goods. This chain of bakeries was founded in New York City in the 1990s. Lines form every day when they open their doors. If you are lucky you can go to one of their bakeries and enjoy some of their cakes, cupcakes, and yes, blueberry muffins.
What makes a good blueberry muffin?
Fresh ingredients and a bit of cooking technique make for tender and flavorful blueberry muffins. Many muffin recipes, you will need to combine your dry ingredients separately from the wet ingredients. When you do combine the dry and the wet ingredients it is important not to overmix the batter. If you overmix the batter the muffins will be tough.
Should you use a paper lining when making muffins?
It is absolutely not necessary to use a paper lining, but you must be sure to grease the muffin tin well when baking muffins. Yes, paper linings look lovely, and they can help protect the delicate pastry, but if you don’t happen to have any on hand, you can feel comfortable in preparing muffins without paper linings.
Love blueberries? Be sure to try some of these blueberry recipes.
Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries lightly floured
- 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan generously. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to over mix. The batter may be lumpy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter. Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full. Lightly sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached. Do not over bake.