Enjoy the sweet allure of Pizza Hut Cinnamon Sticks right from your kitchen! Transform homemade or store-bought pizza dough into a sugary delight with butter and cinnamon sugar. Once baked to golden brown perfection, cinnamon breadsticks are the perfect pairing for cream cheese frosting dip. Crispy, sweet, and undeniably tasty, they’re perfect for dessert, breakfast, or anytime you crave a sweet treat.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What Makes Cinnamon Sticks From Pizza Hut So Good?
Everyone deserves an occasional sweet treat, and if you are a pizza fanatic, then this dessert from Pizza Hut is what you want. Think of this recipe as an Italian version of churros! It’s a tasty way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
These addictive snacks are made from pizza dough, brushed with butter, and topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar. Serve them with vanilla frosting or another dipping sauce, and they’re sure to become a favorite for family and party snacking!
Why You’ll Love This Pizza Hut Cinnamon Sticks Recipe
This is a wonderful recipe to try making on Pizza Nights to use up any extra pizza dough. It’s especially great for those with dedicated pizza ovens looking for another way to use them, but you can also use a standard oven.
Cinnamon sticks reheat well, and you can even freeze them, so you’ll always have something tempting on hand.
Pizza Hut Cinnamon Sticks Ingredients
For the Cinnamon Sticks, you’ll need:
- Pizza dough
- Butter or margarine
- White sugar
- Powdered cinnamon
Make your own pizza dough or use pre-made pizza dough from the store.
For the vanilla frosting dip, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Whole milk
How to Make This Pizza Hut Cinnamon Sticks Recipe
To prepare the cinnamon sticks:
- Stir together the white sugar and cinnamon. Reserve the mixture for later.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place it in an oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and allow the pizza dough to come up to room temperature.
- Heat the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50 percent power. If not fully melted after stirring, continue to heat at 50 percent power in 10-second increments. Set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface with AP flour and roll the room-temperature dough into a roughly 9×13-inch rectangle.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan and transfer the dough onto it. Stretch the dough to fit.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough in half the shortway, and then make six cuts the longways, ending up with 12 pieces.
- Melt the butter in the microwave at 50 percent power for 30 seconds.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture on top.
To bake the Cinnamon Sticks from Pizza Hut:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake the Cinnamon Sticks in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. While the Cinnamon sticks are in the oven, it is a convenient time to make the vanilla frosting dip. See the recipe below.
- Take the Cinnamon Sticks out of the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes on a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet before serving slightly warm.
To make the vanilla frosting dip:
- Take the cream cheese and butter out of the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. If you don’t have a stand mixer, add the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to combine the cream cheese and butter.
- Stir the powdered sugar into the mixture with a spoon.
- Turn the mixer to a low setting and pour the vanilla extract and milk into the bowl. Continue mixing until smooth. Add more milk a little at a time to reach your desired consistency.
- Reserve for later.
What to Serve With Cinnamon Sticks From Pizza Hut
These treats are perfect on their own or served with the vanilla frosting dip, but they are even better with one or two additional dipping sauces. Here are a few suggestions:
- Whipped butter. Use a stand mixer to beat softened butter and add your favorite flavorings. Cinnamon, sugar, berry, and honey are all great ideas. This recipe for Texas Roadhouse Whipped Butter makes an excellent template for experimenting.
- Caramel sauce. Warm up a small bowl of store-bought caramel sauce in the microwave. If it is too thick for dipping, stir in some cream or half & half until it reaches the proper consistency. Thinner caramel sauce works best for dipping.
- Dulce de Leche. Do you like caramel sauce but want something even creamier? Dulce de Leche is the answer. Use your favorite, or try making it on your own.
How to Store Leftover Cinnamon Sticks
You can keep leftover Pizza Hut Cinnamon Bread Sticks wrapped tightly in plastic in the refrigerator for up to three days or frozen for up to a month.
There are two options for freezing Cinnamon Sticks from Pizza Hut. The first is to prepare the Cinnamon Sticks up until the point of baking and then freeze them unbaked. The second is to cool and freeze the Cinnamon Sticks once they come out of the oven.
Refrigerate the vanilla frosting dip for up to three days.
What Is the Best Way to Reheat Cinnamon Sticks From Pizza Hut?
Use your oven to reheat Cinnamon Sticks:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the Cinnamon Sticks on a baking tray and cover with aluminum foil.
- Warm in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Heat the vanilla frosting dip in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds and stir well before serving.
More Pizza Hut Copycat Recipes
Favorite Dessert Pizza Recipes
Popular Cinnamon Recipes
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Cinnamon Pretzel Bites
- Cinnamon Roll Pie
- Cinnamon Twists
- Domino’s Cinnastix
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
Pizza Hut Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- If using refrigerated and/or store-bought pizza dough, remove it from the packaging, place it into an oiled bowl covered with a towel, and let it warm up to room temperature before using.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- When the pizza dough has reached room temperature, roll it into a rectangular shape and place it in a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Gently stretch the dough to the edges of the pan.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough in half and then make six horizontal slices.
- Brush the melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until the top of the dough has browned. Remove from the oven and let cool. Brush with any leftover melted butter.
- While the cinnamon sticks are baking, make the cream cheese frosting: combine the cream cheese and butter in a small bowl and mix until smooth using an electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar and stir with a spoon until just incorporated. Then mix with a mixer until well combined. Add the vanilla extract and milk and mix to combine.
- Serve the cinnamon sticks with cream cheese frosting.