This is a fantastic spaghetti. I never, never order spaghetti when we dine out. I find it very bland, offering mostly tomato sauce without much flavor. This is our family recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Ron’s Ultimate Spaghetti Sauce
Thanks to Columbiamo for sharing this spaghetti recipe.
Ron’s Ultimate Spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes or beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds spaghetti
- Sauté the ground beef, diced onions and diced bell pepper together until meat is browned. Add all spices, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and water. Simmer for twenty minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and stir. Boil four quarts of water. Add 1 ½ pound spaghetti to boiling water and stir until water returns to boil. Turn heat down and simmer 8 to 9 minutes to desired tenderness.
- Drain and pour directly in to sauce or add sauce to individual serving. Because of the bullion cubes make sure you taste before adding salt. You may find some tomatoes and tomato sauce a little more sour than others. This of course depends on the brand being used. If this turns out to be the case, add a wee bit of sugar.