Love the Casa Ole Green Sauce? Make it at home using Sharkie’s copycat recipe! This creamy avocado dip is the perfect dip to serve with chips and on top of tacos!
Award Winning Casa Ole Green Dip
Sharkie was the winner of our first Super Bowl Recipe Contest with her recreation of Casa Ole’s green sauce recipe. This isn’t the exact recipe for the Casa Ole Green Salsa but it tastes very much like the real thing. In Sharkie’s own words:
Casa Ole (a restaurant) refused to fork over their recipe for the green sauce they serve, so I set to work in the kitchen and came up with this – I think it’s exact, but we shall never know unless we ever get them to relinquish their version. Mines better! *GRIN* ~ Sharkie
Avocado Crema (Creamy Salsa Verde)
If you have never had creamy salsa verde that is found in many Mexican restaurants, it is a creamy avocado salsa (salsa de aguacate) with a hint of spice. I personally have had so many bowls of this sauce that the numbers reach well above the population of where I went to high school!
This is a sauce that is easy to whip up in your food processor. It’s made from ingredients that include avocados, Rotel tomatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, and lemon juice. It’s delicious and addictive, and I guarantee you will make it again and again.
So, if you are looking for something a little different when it comes to chips and salsa, try Sharkie’s Casa Ole Green Sauce. Thanks to Sharkie, you can enjoy this tasty Mexican avocado dip that tastes like the green sauce served at Case Ole.
Casa Ole Green Sauce Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need to make this creamy avocado dip:
- Sour cream
- Garlic powder
- Pickled jalapeno peppers
- Lemon juice
- Cream cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Rotel original tomatoes & green chilies
- Canned diced green chilies
How to Make Casa Ole Green Sauce
- Place cream cheese, avocados, lemon juice, garlic powder, jalapenos, cilantro salt, and sour cream in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. Pulse several times to finish the sauce.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
How to Tell if Your Avocados Are Ripe
When choosing avocados, many people get a bit stressed over finding ones that are ripe enough but not overripe. Here are some tips:
- Press the avocado lightly with your thumb. If it yields a little to your pressure, it is good to buy. If it feels very soft, it’s over-ripe; if it is hard then it’s not yet ready.
- A ripe Hass avocado (the most common kind) should have deep purple (almost black) skin.
- Remove the small nubby stem on the narrower end of the avocado and check the color underneath. A creamy yellow indicates that the avocado is ripe. A brown color means the avocado is a bit on the old side and is likely to have brown spots on its flesh.
- Check out these 7 tips to buy the perfect avocado!
Ways to use Casa Ole Green Salsa
This is the perfect dip to use to dip chips into, but there are more ideas for you!
- Use as a salsa for Tacos
- Use as a salad dressing for a Taco Salad
- Use as a vegetable dip
How long does the avocado salsa last?
This lasts for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in your refrigerator. I do not recommend freezing it. The texture becomes very soggy when you thaw this dip.
Love party dips? Try these recipes!
- Cheesy Spinach Dip
- Chili’s Queso
- Cold Beer Cheese Dip
- Green Goddess Dip
- Ground Beef Dip
- Lasagna Dip
- Rotel Queso Dip
- White Queso
Favorite Mexican Recipes
Check out more of my easy dip recipes and the best Mexican recipes here on CopyKat!
Casa Ole Green Sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 4 avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, avocados, lemon juice, garlic powder, jalapenos, cilantro, salt, and sour cream. Process until smooth.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. Pulse several times to finish the sauce.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I really love their green sauce so would love to have it
Can this be frozen in smaller batches?
I personally have never tried freezing it. I would just make it fresh when I needed it.
3 medium avocados , 1 can of green tomatillos (32 oz) ,2 cloves of garlic, 2 fresh sprigs of cilantro, 1 teaspoon of salt , 1 8 ounce sour cream, 1 cup of water . blend together
I work at casa ole. Trust me there’s avocados in the green sauce. But there is also jalapenos which youre missing. As well as some green food coloring
Why dont you post the recipe then?
I will post it…I have the printout…tell me how. Its makes huge batch have break it down…but yes has avocadoes….jal…sourceeam….green dye…etc… Never used this site.. if ur able email me…I’ll send
Email me at email@example.com 🙂
I just made this and think it is a great, addictive dip recipe! I will make it again and again. That said, I do not think it tastes anything like Casa Ole’s Green Sauce (which I **love**!). This dip compared to theirs is too sour (I’ll omit the lemon juice next time) and too avocado-y. I don’t like avocados, but I love casa ole’s green sauce. Again, great recipe, but not casa ole at all.
Forgot! Nix the Rotel and green chiles also.
Missed going to Casa Ole for this stuff after leaving home in TX…..was SO happy to find the recipe (and it saved me a 1300 mile trip!).
I know what you mean! Used to get some at least once a week even if it was just picking up some sauce and chips to eat at work. Now I live in Oregon and there aren’t any Case Oles nearby.
LOVE this!! i used LIME juice instead of lemon juice and I added one jalapeno for some heat….SO GOOD!!!
Use a can of hot rotel and change the green chilis for diced jalapenos gives it a little more kick. Great recipe though I live in California so no case ole for me thank you for adding
No chilia or rotel r in it…jalopenos r
does anybody know how long this will last before going bad? a day? a week?
Add some finely chopped cilantro and this nails it.
Oh my GOODNESS!!! It is better than theirs.
YOUR AWESOME!!!!! THIS was amazing!!! I cant wait to share it with everyone THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You should try and figure out thier queso also!!! Anyway just wanted to let you know that i usually change recipies and make them my own but my hat is off to you I cant add or take away anything!!! THANK YOU. ( I will make it hotter by using a hotter rotel) But thats it. Thanks for giving me a taste of my home town!