Shells Shrimp and Garlic Pasta comes from a very popular Florida restaurant chain. This is one of their most requested recipes. This is a quick and easy dish to make at home.
Shells is a very popular Florida restaurant chain renowned for its great seafood in a casual setting. This delicious shrimp pasta dish is one of their most requested pasta recipes. Many of us don’t live near a Shells, but you can make this classic dish at home. Succulent shrimp in a creamy wine and garlicky sauce pairs nicely with linguine. It’s quick and easy, and dinner will be ready in no time.
In this dish, the pasta is clearly present, but you won’t feel like you’re eating a giant heap of mostly linguine with a few scarce shrimp dotted sparsely about as though they’ve been rationed.
When you make this shrimp and pasta recipe, you’ll feel like a chef in a fancy restaurant, even though what you’re actually doing is just cooking noodles and downing a little wine. This pasta recipe is ideal for all kinds of occasions. Maybe you just need a simple meal for a weeknight (always!)? Perhaps you plan to prepare dinner for that special someone? This is the perfect dish for that February holiday that begins with a “V” and ends in chocolate!).
Can You Use Frozen Shrimp?
Many people keep frozen shrimp on hand as a staple, so you don’t have to be a seafood purist. You can buy frozen raw shrimp with the tails, shells, and veins removed, and save yourself oodles of time. Frozen shrimp thaw quickly and cook in less than four minutes. Also, unless you live near the ocean, the “fresh” shrimp you buy at the supermarket has usually arrived frozen – they are then thawed prior to being sold.
Recommended Tools to Make this Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- I love a pot with a removable strainer insert like this one. It makes draining the pasta easy.
- You can use a knife to finely chop the garlic, but a garlic press makes the job much easier.
Love the combination of shrimp and pasta? Here are some more copykat shrimp pasta recipes for you to try. Let me know what your favorite shrimp pasta dish is. I love hearing from my readers.
Shells Shrimp and Garlic Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp -- cleaned and halved
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 8 cloves garlic -- crushed
- 2 dashes soy sauce DO NOT OVERDO, BUT IMPORTANT
DO NOT OVERDO, BUT IMPORTANT<
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Paring Knife
- Pot with Strainer
- Add the linguine and butter to a pot of salted boiling water and cook until almost al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the wine, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, heavy cream and soy sauce. Stir in the shrimp then add the linguine. Over medium-high heat, stir gently for a few minutes until the shrimp are done and the linguine is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately. This dish will seem a little runny at first but will set up and turn into a wonderful sauce.