Olive Garden Shrimp Caprese is a light dinner that you are going to love. Pasta, tomatoes, shrimp, basil, and mozzarella make for one amazing light shrimp pasta recipe.
Do you love Alfredo sauce? Seafood? Cheese? This recipe is for you. A light and creamy sauce made with wine, cream, garlic, and cheese is paired with pasta. It’s hard to think of a better way to enjoy shrimp.
Olive Garden Shrimp Caprese is Perfect for the Shrimp Lover
While no longer on the Olive Garden menu, this is a delicious shrimp dinner, everyone in your whole family will love. If you love a salad Caprese, you are going to love this pasta version.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Roma tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- White wine
- Heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Capellini (angel hair) pasta
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Peeled and deveined raw extra-large shrimp
How to Make Shrimp Caprese
Creamy shrimp pasta is so easy to prepare.
The first step in making this recipe is chopping the tomatoes and allowing them to marinate with basil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and olive oil. So if you have a few extra fresh tomatoes lying around, you should definitely prepare this recipe.
Ideally, the tomatoes should marinate for about an hour, if you don’t have an hour, you can go ahead and prepare the sauce.
Shrimp Caprese Cream Sauce
This sauce is close to an Alfredo sauce, but there is white wine in this recipe.
You will begin preparing the sauce by melting the butter in a large pan, then add the wine and bring it to a boil. You want some of the alcohol to cook off.
Then you will add the cream and the Parmesan cheese. After the cheese melts, turn down the heat on the sauce. It will reduce in volume.
When you turn down the heat, start cooking your pasta. When the pasta is almost done, it’s time to start the shrimp.
Cooking the Shrimp
Saute the shrimp in a pan, with a pat or two of butter. Cook the shrimp until it’s pink, and cooked through.
Finishing the Olive Garden Shrimp Caprese
After the pasta is finished cooking, drain it, and add it to the reduced sauce.
Add the tomatoes to the pasta and stir well. Then you will transfer the pasta mixture to a platter, and top it with the mozzarella cheese.
Place the platter of pasta under your boiler, just until the cheese melts.
When you remove the platter from the oven, top it with the shrimp and serve.
I hope you enjoy this delightful shrimp pasta! I can’t think of a better summertime shrimp recipe!
Love Olive Garden? Try these copycat recipes!
- 5 Cheese Lasagna
- Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo
- Bread Sticks Recipe
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Toasted Ravioli
- Toscana Soup Recipe
- Watermelon Sangria
Favorite Shrimp Recipes
Olive Garden Shrimp Caprese
- 3 pounds roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 30 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 pounds capellini (angel hair) pasta
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 pounds extra large shrimp (26-30), peeled and de-veined
- Combine chopped tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt in a large bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Cover the tomato mixture and let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Stir in white wine and bring it to a boil.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and bring it to a simmer. Reduce sauce by a third, stirring occasionally. It will thicken as it reduces.
- Add cooked, drained pasta and marinated tomatoes to skillet.
- Stir to thoroughly coat the pasta with sauce.
- Transfer pasta and sauce to serving platter.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Grill or sauté shrimp until just done (internal temperature reaches 150 degrees).
- Broil the pasta for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Place the cooked shrimp on top of the pasta.
- Serve immediately.