Get ready to taste the deliciousness of Chick Fil A at home with this Cookies and Cream Milkshake copycat recipe! Made with creamy vanilla ice cream and crushed Oreos, this milkshake is the best.
Whether you’re craving a sweet treat or looking for an easy dessert idea, this easy Oreo milkshake recipe is perfect for satisfying your taste buds. Serve it up in a frosty glass and enjoy a taste of Chick Fil A right in your own kitchen!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What Makes the Chick Fil-a Cookies and Cream Milkshake So Good?
A great milkshake never goes out of style, and cookie ‘n cream shakes have been a favorite of kids (and adults) for generations. This classic ice cream parlor treat might just be the perfect contrast of textures with its creamy vanilla ice cream and crunchy pieces of sandwich cookies.
Share these shakes with your family and relive the sweet memories of when you were young, hopefully without the brain freeze!
Why You Should Try This Recipe
It doesn’t get a whole lot simpler than this Oreo shake. With just vanilla ice cream, whole milk, and cookies, what’s not to love?
But be warned, this is not one of those wimpy, runny shakes you find at fast-food restaurants. It’s the real-deal, old-school ‘stand your spoon in it’ kind of milkshake. With more ice cream and cookies and less milk than similar recipes, this is the ultimate Cookies and Cream shake for thick-shake connoisseurs.
Oreo Milkshake Ingredients
For this Oreo milkshake recipe, you’ll need:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whole milk
- Oreo cookies
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
Higher-quality vanilla ice cream doesn’t have as much air whipped into it as less expensive brands. Less air means a thicker, more decadent shake, and a few extra bucks per gallon is totally worth it.
Believe it or not, using whole milk makes a huge difference to the flavor. Now is not the time to try to save a few calories with skim or low-fat milk. But, if that is all you have, you can use it.
Any brand of chocolate sandwich cookies is fine for this copycat Chick fil A milkshake recipe.
How to Make Chick Fil A Cookies and Cream Milkshake
To make an Oreo shake:
- Place the chocolate sandwich cookies in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or a heavy bottle to crush the cookies into large chunks.
- Pour the milk into the jar of the blender, and then add the ice cream. Putting the milk in first helps to prevent the blender from getting stuck.
- Blend the ice cream and milk on the SHAKE or SMOOTHIE setting until smooth. You may need to stop blending several times and use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Add the crushed Oreos to the blender and pulse a few times to incorporate the cookies fully. Don’t over-blend.
- Divide the milkshake into two serving glasses.
- Garnish each shake with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
- Serve with a long-handled spoon and an extra-wide straw!
What to Serve With an Oreo Shake
A Chick fil A cookie and cream milkshake doesn’t need much else to make it memorable, but if the shake itself isn’t filling enough, try serving it with a chicken sandwich, hot dog, or the best backyard burger ever.
If you are the kind of person who loves to dip fries into their shakes, you’ll want to try making these fantastic Homemade Potato Wedges.
Try customizing your shake depending on what you like. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use chocolate milk instead of whole milk.
- Swap the flavor of ice cream. Chocolate is a great option.
- Replace regular Oreos with flavored ones.
- Make a season shake by adding a drop of food coloring. Try using green for St. Patrick’s Day, red for Valentine’s Day, or orange for Halloween!
More Copycat Chick Fil A Drinks
- Chick Fil A Lemonade
- Chick Fil A Sweet Tea
- Frosted Coffee
- Frosted Lemonade
- Peach Milkshake
- Peppermint Milkshake
Favorite Milkshake Recipes
- Banana Milkshake
- Coconut Milkshake
- Eggnog Milkshake
- Lucky Charms Milkshake
- Rice Krispie Milkshake
- Shamrock Shake
Chick Fil A Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 10 to 15 Oreo cookies lightly crushed
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Add the vanilla ice cream and milk to a blender. Blend well.
- Add the crushed Oreos and blend again until the Oreo crumbs are fine enough to fit through a straw.
- Pour the milkshake into 2 tall glasses and garnish each with 2 tablespoons of whipped topping and a cherry.