Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap is a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon, and cheese wrapped in a tortilla. You can make and enjoy this tasty breakfast sandwich wrap anytime you have a craving.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Dunkin Wake up Wrap the Perfect Breakfast for on the Go
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, with our busy lives, nobody seems to have the time to sit down to a homemade meal before heading out for the day.
That means most people eat sugary cereals, muffins, or grab a biscuit or snack cake to munch on the way to work. Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wraps are like a real breakfast of eggs, cheese, and bacon, all bundled in an eat-on-the-go burrito-style wrap.
The new wake up wrap is one of Dunkin’s savory menu items in the United States along with their sourdough breakfast sandwich.
You get a healthy dose of protein that keeps you fueled up all morning long. It’s a power breakfast sandwich wrap for sure!
Why This Dunkin Breakfast Wrap Sandwich Recipe the Recipe You Must Try
You don’t have to wake up early to drive to Dunkin to buy a Wake Up Wrap. You can prepare them at home with this recipe.
The best part is that you can pre-make a bunch at once and freeze them, so you can bite into a hot breakfast wrap mere minutes after getting up in the morning.
Dunkin Wake Up Wrap Ingredients
To make the Wake Up Wrap Dunkin serves, you’ll need:
- American cheese
- Butter or Oil
Here are a few substitutions for this wrap. See the below section on recipe variations for more ideas.
- Use shredded white cheddar, low fat cheddar cheese, or cream cheese instead of Velveeta.
- Use a wheat tortilla instead of a white flour tortilla.
- Make a smaller wrap by using a five-inch small flour tortilla, and half of the filling ingredients.
- There are some tortillas that have fewer carbs than bread like bagels, croissants, a traditional roll, or English muffin. So look for those if you want to make this a low-carb-friendly wrap.
- Dunkin makes a pancake wrap, here you swap out tortillas for pancakes.
How To Make a Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap
To make a copycat Dunkin bacon egg and cheese wake up wrap:
- Cook the bacon. If you are only making one or two Wake Up Wraps, it may be easier to cook the bacon on the stovetop. But cooking the bacon in an oven is your best bet for more than that. Here is an excellent way of baking bacon in the oven.
- Heat a medium skillet or a flattop grill over medium heat.
- Add butter or oil to the pan to the skillet.
- Once the butter stops foaming, crack the eggs onto the cooking surface. Leave at least an inch between each egg.
- After the eggs are set on the bottom (about 15 seconds), use a fork to break the yolks and spread them across the whites.
- Flip the eggs to sear the yolks for about 20 seconds.
- Remove the eggs from the cooking surface and let them drain on a paper towel.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Heat a tortilla in the pan for about 30 seconds and flip.
- Immediately add the cheese to the tortilla.
- Break a strip of cooked bacon in half and put it on top of the cheese.
- Add the cooked egg.
- Use a spatula to help you fold the tortilla into a burrito.
- Remove to a plate.
- Repeat with other tortillas.
Wake Up Wraps give you the perfect opportunity to create your spin on the base recipe. Anything that can fit inside a burrito is fair game, but here are a few popular wraps to help get you inspired:
Egg and Cheese Wake Up Wrap
Just leave out the bacon from the recipe. To fill out the wrap, you can add another egg. If you are missing the smokiness that the bacon brings to the dish, try using smoked Gouda.
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Wrap Dunkin Donuts
Cut a breakfast sausage the long way. Cook cut-side down in a pan. Flip and cook the other side. Use the same recipe above, but substitute the sausage for the bacon.
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Wake Up Wrap
Just substitute the bacon with your favorite deli ham or leftover honey baked ham.
Egg White Veggie Wake-Up Wrap
Use only egg whites, omit the bacon, and add your favorite veggies. Spinach, onions, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, and tomatoes are great choices. If you enjoy a veggie egg white omelet, this wrap for you.
Egg White Turkey Sausage Wake-up Wrap
Use only egg whites and use turkey sausage instead of the bacon for a turkey sausage wrap. You may need to use 3 for a hearty filling of egg whites.
How To Make Your Wake Up Wraps Ahead of Time
Making Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wraps to freeze is even easier than making them fresh and a convenient way to make them in advance.
- Using your preferred method, cook one strip of bacon for each wrap you plan to make.
- When the bacon is cooked, drain it on a paper towel and let the bacon cool to room temperature.
- As the bacon is cooking, Make the eggs in a large skillet or flattop.
- When the eggs are cooked, drain them on a paper towel and let them cool to room temperature.
- Lay out the tortillas in a row.
- Put the cheese on the lower third of each tortilla.
- Break the bacon in half and place both halves on the cheese.
- Put the egg on top.
- Roll each tortilla into a burrito.
How To Store Wake Up Wraps
You can keep any leftover wraps in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Wrap them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep them from drying out.
To freeze, wrap each breakfast burrito separately using parchment paper and then in aluminum foil. Store the wraps together in a freezer bag for up to two months.
How to Reheat Wake Up Wraps
To warm up a thawed Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wrap in the microwave:
Wet a paper towel under the tap and squeeze out excess moisture. Don’t squeeze hard because the paper towel needs to be a little damp. Cover the wrap with a moist paper towel and place it on a microwavable dish.
Heat in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds. Unwrap and serve.
What Can You Serve With These Wraps?
Eat a Dunkin Wake Up Wrap with home fries, hash browns, Loaded Tater Tots, and plenty of good coffee or one of your favorite iced lattes.
Love Dunkin Donuts? Try These Recipes!
- Dunkin Donuts Avocado Toast
- Dunkin Donuts Cake Batter Latte
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee
- French Cruller Doughnuts
Favorite Breakfast Recipes
- Bacon Omelette
- Burger King French Toast Sticks
- Breakfast Baconator
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- McDonalds McMuffin
- McDonalds Sausage McMuffin
- Sausage Roll
- Starbucks Egg Bites
- Whataburger Breakfast Burger
Check out more of my easy breakfast recipes and the best fast food recipes here on CopyKat!
Dunkin Wake Up Wrap
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter or non-stick spray
- 2 large eggs
- 2 8-inch tortillas
- 2 slices American cheese
- Place the bacon in a cold skillet, and turn the heat to medium-low.
- When the bacon begins to curl up, turn it over to cook on the other side. Cook the bacon until it begins to brown and crisp. Then flip it over and brown the other side.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet. You can save the bacon grease by placing it in a heat-proof jar if desired.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Spray non-stick spray or melt 1 teaspoon of butter in the same skillet over medium heat.
- When the skillet is warm, break each egg into the skillet.
- Break the yolks with a fork. Place a lid over the skillet, and cook for 60 to 90 seconds. The eggs are done when the whites and yolks have cooked completely.
- Remove the eggs from the skillet, and set aside.
- Place a tortilla into the hot pan. Let the tortilla heat for about 30 seconds on one side.
- Then flip the tortilla and add 1 slice of American cheese, one egg, and one slice of bacon.
- Fold the tortilla in half and serve.
- Repeat the process with the other tortilla.
My husband loves the wake up wraps when he asked me to make them at home I was like CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! 😁
I used a soft taco so they were a bit bigger (better) I utilized a variety of cheeses for each person’s taste and added a little salsa dipping sauce. My husband thoroughly enjoyed 👍👍
I love Dunkin Donuts Wake Up Wraps! I always get one when I go to the store.