Easy Chicken Paprikash is a super quick dinner to put together. This recipe was inspired by the classic Hungarian Chicken Paprikash, a jar of your favorite pasta sauce, fresh chicken and peppers, and you will have dinner done in about 30 minutes.
Chicken Paprikash is a well-known Hungarian dish. This dish has a variety of ways to prepare. This recipe is great because it’s easy, family approved and gives you a new way to use the ever-popular boneless, skinless chicken breast.
If you need to prepare a meal after working all day, you may want a meal that requires a small amount of effort. A couple of quick chops of the knife, a quick saute, and you can let the sauce simmer, and pasta cook while you take care of other things.
What makes this recipe for Chicken Paprikash so easy?
We are going to use your favorite pasta sauce as the base of the sauce. I personally use Prego sauce, or whatever is on sale. My philosophy is I can always tweak a store-bought sauce. Pasta sauce is already seasoned very well by adding sour cream, you can mimic this classic dish.
How to complete this dinner
You may want to add a quick and easy salad with this, and if you want to serve a hot cheesy bread with this, I recommend North Woods Inn Garlic Cheese Bread.
Easy Chicken Paprikash
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- Cut chicken and green peppers into bite-size pieces.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet, and heat up on medium-high heat.
- When the oil is warmed up and add chicken and green peppers.
- Cook chicken, be sure to turn over chicken so all sides brown.
- When chicken is browned drain. In skillet place spaghetti sauce on low heat and replace chicken and green peppers. Simmer stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes.
- While the spaghetti sauce is simmering, cook egg noodles as usual with a dash of olive oil. Five minutes before noodles are done stir in sour cream in the chicken and sauce.
- This will turn an orange color if more is needed to add more. Color should be orange. Drain noodles and top with the chicken and sauce.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Feel fee to use any color of bell pepper for this recipe.
- You can finish the dish with fresh herbs.