Famous Dave’s Coleslaw is a creamy, sweet, and slightly spicy coleslaw that is so hard to resist. You can recreate this coleslaw recipe at home.
Make Famous Dave’s Coleslaw at home
It’s easy to make delicious coleslaw at home. You don’t need to buy coleslaw already made, it’s so easy to make coleslaw fresh at home. It takes no time at all to prepare a delicious heaping helping of coleslaw.
This coleslaw is made with green cabbage, a bit of red cabbage, and shredded carrot. The coleslaw dressing is unique it has Miracle Whip, Horseradish, and mustard to give it a special flavor. I like to mix up the salad dressing in a bowl, and then combine it with the shredded cabbage and carrots.
After you mix together the cabbage and the shredded carrots with the coleslaw dressing. Then I like to let the recipe sit for a few hours in the refrigerator before serving. By allowing the flavors to mingle for a couple of hours you are going to end up with a perfectly seasoned bowl of coleslaw.
I know you are going to love this delightful copycat of Famous Dave’s Coleslaw. It’s perfect for a barbecue, fried fish dinner, or perfect for your summer grilling festivities.
Thanks to Chef Boy RV for sharing this recipe.
Famous Dave’s Cole Slaw
- 10 cups red & green chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Toss the cabbage and carrots thoroughly.
- Mix the Miracle Whip, horseradish, dry mustard, white pepper, salt, garlic powder & celery seed in a large bowl.
- Add the cabbage mixture and blend well.Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Serve with your favorite barbecued meats.