Instant Mexican Coffee makes a rich and creamy coffee drink with cinnamon and chocolate. This wonderful Mexican coffee mix is made with instant coffee, creamer, hot chocolate, and cinnamon. Just add water to make a delicious cinnamon chocolate coffee drink to enjoy anytime.
This cinnamon-chocolate Mexican instant coffee with creamer and sugar is perfect to make for a gift for that someone special. Or you can savor a specially flavored cup of coffee anytime with this recipe.
When the weather turns chilly, nothing is better than wrapping your fingers around a cup of steaming hot coffee, especially when it tastes this delicious. Mix up a mug of Mexican spiced coffee just about anywhere. It’s the perfect drink for camping, staying warm while cheering on your favorite team, or just relaxing on your front porch.
Table of Contents
Making the Mexican Coffee Recipe Mix
This homemade Mexican spiced coffee mix goes way beyond the typical 3-in1 coffee packets that you can find at the store. By combining creamer, instant coffee, sugar, and a bit of chocolate and then heightening the flavor with cinnamon and nutmeg, you end up with a drink that’s every bit as good as any specialty coffee drink at a fraction of the price.
There’s no trick to making this Mexican coffee drink mix, but it is essential to use the right ingredients.
Instant Coffee There are some excellent yet outrageously priced instant coffees out there, but this is not the time to spend 25 bucks to buy one of them. Nescafe Clasico or Trader Joe’s 100% Colombian Instant Coffee are great choices. Just make sure you use an instant coffee mix that doesn’t already have creamer or sugar added.
Powdered Creamer Coffee-Mate powdered creamer is perfect, but don’t feel limited to this brand. You can use your favorite powdered creamer or even a flavored version if you want. Try Coffee-Mate’s Chocolate Creme for an extra chocolatey Mexican Chocolate coffee.
Instant Hot Chocolate Mix Don’t make the mistake of using cocoa powder instead of instant hot chocolate mix to try to reduce sugar. Hot chocolate mixes contain powdered milk, while cocoa powders don’t. If you want to cut back on sweeteners, use a no-sugar hot chocolate mix.
The recipe, as written, makes enough mix for 16 servings of coffee, but you can easily double it. Store the Mexican coffee mix in a dry, airtight container, and it should last for months.
Make This Mexican Coffee Recipe Your Own
This recipe is terrific as it is, but there are many ways you can tweak it to make it even better. Here are just a few:
- Liquor really warms you up. Use a shot ofKahlua, rum, or tequila to dissolve the mix, and then add the hot water.
- Add a spritz of citrus. Cut a strip of peel from a washed orange. Squeeze the peel over the cup to release the oils and drop it in. Add the coffee mix and hot water. Stir and serve.
- Make it a dessert. A dollop of whipped cream on top and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings (and maybe a shot of Kaluha) turns this into the perfect way to end dinner.
Tips for Making and Serving Mexican Spiced Coffee.
- Make multiple servings at once. If you are serving a crowd, try mixing up a bunch of Mexican coffee at once in a pot on the stove. Use a half cup of mix for every four cups of water.
- Serve as an iced coffee. Combine the Mexican coffee mix with warm water, stir and chill in the fridge. If you plan to serve with ice, add an additional tablespoon of mix per serving to prevent the drink from tasting watered-down. You can make extra and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Coffee-Mate powdered creamer
- Instant coffee powder
- Instant hot chocolate mix
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
How to Make Mexican Coffee
Wondering how do you make Mexican cinnamon coffee with instant coffee? It’s so easy! Here are the recipe steps:
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Pour boiling water into a coffee mug.
- Add 2 heaping teaspoons of the mixture and stir to combine.
Store the remaining mixture in an airtight container.
Love warm drinks? Instant drink mixes are a great way to share friendship and love. This Mexican coffee can be made in minutes, and you can share your coffee with your friends and family.
Popular Coffee Drink Recipes
- Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Chick Fil A Frozen Coffee
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee
- Eggnog Latte
- Flat White Coffee
- Iced White Mocha
- Mocha Coffee
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
Great DIY Dry Mix Recipes
Instant Mexican Coffee
- 2 cups Coffee-Mate powdered creamer
- 1 1/2 cups instant coffee
- 1 1/2 cups instant hot chocolate mix (like Nestle or Hershey's)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix all of the ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.
- Stir 2 heaping teaspoons of the mixture into 1 cup of hot water.