Bottled barbeque sauce is great in a pinch, but even better is making your own at home. This is a delicate and tangy sauce that is tasty on beef, and chicken. The flavor is more complex in this recipe with the addition of brandy, dijon mustard and white balsamic vinegar. Try this sauce for your next cook out.
Mustard Barbecue Sauce
Mustard BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Reduce brandy by half in a pan over medium heat.
- Crush the peppercorns and add them to the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Stir to combine them.
- Cook the sauce over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.