O’Charley’s Baked Potato Soup is a creamy, cheesy soup that can be made easily in your home. It has all of the goodness of a baked potato in a creamy soup. Red Potatoes make this soup extra special.
O’Charley’s Baked Potato Soup is a favorite of many people. This is a wonderfully creamy potato soup. This potato soup is different because of the red potatoes. The red potatoes hold up well to the cooking process. You will find that the potatoes stay wonderfully hearty. You won’t want to miss this recipe.
Baked Potato Soup has simple ingredients. Red potatoes, butter, cheese, cream, and seasonings. The toppings take this soup to an extraordinary flavor level.
This soup reheats well. I love to put this soup into a small crockpot and to take it to work. While I love to serve this soup in the winter, it works well during the summer too.
Potato Soup is a favorite of mine. This soup is particularly tasty. The red potatoes in this soup make for a nice change. The soup is creamy and filled with cheese. You will want to serve this soup up with some freshly grated cheese, crisp bacon, and some sliced scallions to make it even more like a baked potato.
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make O’Charley’s Baked Potato Soup:
Love potato soup? Be sure to try these potato soup recipes
O’Charley’s Baked Potato Soup
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 cup half-and-half
- 16 ounces Velveeta cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon fried crisply
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked. In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken. Add melted Velveeta. Stir well. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley. Yield: approximately 12 large servings