The Old Ebbitt Grill is located in Washington D.C. These are especially nice crab cakes as they are mostly crab with very few fillers.
Old Ebbitt Grill Crab Cakes
Yield: 4 crab cakes.
Maryland Crab Cakes
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 Saltine crackers
- Pick the crab meat over to remove any shells or cartilage.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, parsley, mustard, and water and mix until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the crab meat and mix, being careful not to break up the lumps of crab meat.
- With your hands, crush the saltines into crumbs and carefully mix them into the crab mixture.
- Form crab mixture into patties.
- Pan-fry or broil the crab cakes until golden brown.