Olive Garden San Remo Seafood Dip is a popular appetizer on the Olive Garden menu. Marinara sauce, shrimp, crab, and cream cheese make this dip extra special.
Hot Seafood Dip
Do you love a delicious seafood dip? You have never had a delicious breadstick dipped into seafood and marinara sauce until you have had the Olive Garden San Remo dip. This dip combines the elements of Italian food. A creamy sauce, seafood, marinara sauce, and fresh-made breadsticks.
While the San Remo dip is no longer on the menu at the Olive Garden, it is still just as delicious as it always was. If you are a fan of seafood, you are going to want to try this recipe.
This dip is made with canned shrimp and canned crab meat. If you like, you could use fresh shrimp and crab. It’s the perfect dip to make ahead, and reheat for a party!
San Remo dip is really a combination of a creamy cheesy dip with marinara sauce.
San Remo Seafood Dip Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Canned tiny shrimp
- Canned crab meat
- Cream cheese
- Olive oil
- All-purpose flour
- Prepared horseradish
- Asiago cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Half and half
- Marinara sauce
How to Make Seafood Dip
- First, you will make a creamy white sauce with cream cheese and juices from the crabmeat and shrimp.
- Add Asiago, Parmesan, shrimp, crab, and then some half-and-half. You’ll have a thick sauce with the consistency of pudding.
- Strain the marinara sauce and put it in a baking dish and top it with the cream sauce.
- Stir until the two sauces are combined together then bake it in the oven.
What to Eat Seafood Dip With
For a low carb and keto-friendly appetizer, serve San Remo dip with sliced vegetables, low carb crackers, or keto breadsticks.
Heck, you could use it as a sauce and pour over pasta and enjoy it for dinner.
Easy Seafood Dip
This is the perfect appetizer to serve. Don’t miss out on this easy to make cream cheese seafood dip that’s baked and served hot.
Let me know how much you enjoyed the Olive Garden San Remo dip. I have served it for game night and even wine night.
Seriously, this is a great dip that everyone loves. I personally love this dip with a glass of Chardonnay because it pairs perfectly with this tasty seafood dip!
Love Olive Garden? Try these copycat recipes!
- Olive Garden Angry Alfredo
- Olive Garden Carbonara
- Olive Garden Formaggio Pizza
- Olive Garden Lasagna Dip
- Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Olive Garden Parmesan Shrimp
- Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno
Popular Hot Dip Recipes
Olive Garden San Remo Seafood Dip
- 6 ounces can tiny shrimp (drain and reserve liquid)
- 6 ounces can crab meat (drain and reserve liquid)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup half and half
- 5 1/2 cups prepared Barilla marinara sauce, drained to remove excess liquid
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, finely shredded, for topping
- In a 2-quart saucepan on medium-low, heat olive oil and blend in flour. Add to flour the liquids that were reserve from the shrimp and crab; stir well. To this sauce, add cubed cream cheese, salt, crushed garlic, and horseradish; stir until smooth.
- Add asiago and Parmesan cheeses and stir until smooth. When the cheese has melted and sauce is smooth, add shrimp and crab; blend well. Simmer until heated through. Finally, add half and half a little at a time until the seafood sauce starts to simmer and begins to resemble warm pudding. Let sauce simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Stir sauce so it does not scorch on bottom. Spray a shallow 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Add drained marinara sauce and carefully spoon seafood sauce on top. Sprinkle with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese and place in a preheated oven at 325 degrees, for 10-15 minutes, until heated through. Dip should not brown on top.